lvii

i rushed down the sidewalk, pushing past people as i looked behind me to see if they were still following me. it was the trench coat person again. they kept on my tail, and no one seemed to notice. i took a sharp turn down an alley once i was concealed by a small group of people, and once i came back out they were gone. it was weird seeing them for the second time, but i again thought nothing of it.

i kept walking and ended up at a cafe tyler told me to come to. he had said he was going out for lunch with jenna and her friend and he didn't want to be alone. which i understood, listening to girls talk can be pretty confusing sometimes.

i entered the cafe and instantly was attacked with the smell of coffee. i loved it, though. it was called the roosevelt, and i love it so much there. i grew up on the place, actually.

i smiled a bit as i approached the table with tyler and jenna on one side of the booth, and a girl with her back to me on the other side. i waved and greeted tyler and jenna as i sat down, seeing that they had already ordered for me. good thing tyler knows my taste.

tyler got up from the table and held his hand out to me, and i knew exactly what he wanted. i got up and connected our lips in a passionate- wait wrong fanfiction.

instead, i got up and did our handshake that we had made up that one night in a hotel room, jenna of course unimpressed. i laughed and sat down, continuing to talk with tyler and jenna. they truly were a delight to be around.

we soon finished our food, which was basically just little pastries with coffee, and we just continued talking. though it wasn't long before jenna dismissed herself and tyler, leaving me alone in the roosevelt. or so i thought.

"you two have a nice rest of your afternoon!" jenna said sweetly, looking at me then beside me. it confused me, then i remembered that there was another person here.

"oh my gosh, i'm so sorry! i didn't even notice you were here the whole time you're so quiet, i'm josh-" i rambled as i looked to face the girl, which the pair of eyes i met with made my heart sink. it was the same girl from the wedding, and the banquet, and now the roosevelt.

the girl just wore a devious smirk, then she stood up on the booth seat, climbing over to the next - luckily empty - booth. she stepped down and just walked out the door, not a word. all while keeping the same elegance and grace i had become addicted to. she was like nicotine, you want more with each dose.

two days later, and i realized i still didn't know her name. i needed to know, it was the littlest insight on her. i hated the mystery, i had no clue why i didn't just drop it. i instantly called jenna and bit my fingernails in anticipation.

"hello?" jenna answered across the line.

"hey, what was the name of that girl who was at the cafe with us?" i felt like i was at the top of a roller coaster, and i was right at the top.

"rosemary. don't even try with her, she won't say a word. like, ever. i had to literally search around her apartment to find somehing that said her name on it. she's impossible, josh." jenna almost put me down with her talk about the girl, but it wasn't going to get to me.

"thanks jenna, bye." i quickly hung up, my smile huge. rosemary. it was a heavenly name, it fit her well. now he just needed to call her by it. it flowed out of my mouth like butter

at least i know who the fuck that girl is. rosemary.

|-/

a/n: is ya girl finally on an updating schedule?

nope lmao y'all just got lucky back to inconsistency!