xxix

i had to get her to notice me again. she remembers me, right? i helped her. she helped me. she said she'd never forget. that was the only time i heard her speak, and it was like silk.

not to mention she was now a supermodel. she deserves to be mine. he doesn't deserve her. he probably hurts her feelings without even realizing it.

i stared at the birthday cards in the small drug store, failing to chuckle once. i was going to turn around to leave, but then i bumped into someone, making them drop what was in their hands.

"hey, watch it-" i was about to curse them out before i looked up. my eyes met with perfection.

"sorry, i should've watched out better." she smiled apologetically. i just wanted to hold her face in my hands and tell her it was okay. her smile was so perfect; i wanted to put some kind of spell on her to make her incapable of doing anything but smile. her voice was raspy and sick, but it still was perfect. "do i know you?" her doe eyes scanned my face, and i nodded a little bit.

"college." my voice was a whisper, like she'd break if i was too loud. a look of realization

"oh! cassandra, right?" she remembers. she remembers me. i wanted to break out into a dance of joy.

"y-yeah! your ashlynn, right?" instantaneously, my voice went natural. like my dreams weren't coming true.

"that'd be me!" her laugh was angelic. "we should catch up sometime." she suggested.

"i'm down," i shrugged and shoved my hands in my pockets. "when and where?" i took out my phone, ready to put the date on my calendar. i'm always free for her.

"how's friday at noon, my apartment. i'll text you the details on where my apartment is, deal?" she took out her own phone and seemed to go to her contact app and press the plus button.

i was getting ashlynn connor's number.

"deal." i resisted the grin that was bound to spread on my face as i turned around with my new contact, clutching my phone to my chest.

this is the beginning of something beautiful.

|-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/

i did my research. joshua william dun is the fucker's name. he need's to... disappear.

not that extreme. not yet. maybe he's just a friend. the articles about them walking through the streets hand in hand say otherwise, but i'm not jumping to conclusions.

i did enough research that i didn't need her texts to tell me where she lived; i had already known. and her roommate, daisy, is out of town right now. according to her twitter, that is.

i pulled into her driveway and parked my car next to her beautiful one, getting out and walking over to it. i ran my fingers across the polished black hood, and just the feel was perfection as a car.

i walked up to the front door and walked in, going to the elevator and pressing her floor. i rushed to her apartment number, keeping control of my calmness. i took a deep breath and collected myself, then gave the door three light knocks.

she greeted me with a hug and let me in. when she wasn't looking, i took in a huge breath, letting her scent fill my senses.

everything went as planned; everything went my way. over the years i've learned how other people handle their emotions, and i've channeled those into making my on little "character." i've done so many studies, i know how to make people tick, get them to smile, make them trust.

|-/

it's been two months of ashlynn and i am hanging out, and josh still is hanging around like the parasite he is. he's like a leech attached to lynn, and i can tell she wants me to pry that leech off her.

he, his friend and his friend's wife are staying in seattle int heir own apartments for god knows how long, which makes things a lot harder. but, i'm p for a challenge.

she trusts every word that comes out of my mouth.

i could blatantly lie and she'd take it like a god told it to her.

and that's exactly my plan.

|-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/

a/n: somebody said what if it's jenna, and i was like o shit that's a really good idea, but then i thought it'd be too predictable by then... so i just made it a girl! got eeeeem!