xxxii

a/n: for those of you who know, should the "plan" happen sooner or later?

|-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/

i frantically paced in my room, thinking of any and every way i could fuck up his life.

split it up completely between him and lynn? in the process.

kill him? maybe later.

break up his silly little band?

bingo.

the devilish smirk that symbolized my happiness took over my features as i skipped to my vision board, tacking up a picture of josh right in the middle. i've watched a lot of cop shows and studied a lot of criminal justice; i know how to get away with these things scott free. i know the flaws of the law like the back of my hand, and how to skip past uncle sam like he didn't exist.

i tacked pictures of josh's annoyingly peppy friend, josh's ex, josh's ex's boyfriend, josh's ex's ex, lynn's ex, lynn, josh's mom, annoyingly peppy's mom-

everyone.

i started my notes, tieing one string from one person,t hen to the next, scribbling everywhere on my plans. if anyone found this, i'd know.

my plan was flawless.

then, it hit me. the perfect way to get my revenge.

i'll drive him to suicide.

i wickedly wrote down every idea to make my dream a reality. i didn't even know why i was doing it anymore. it was all in good fun by now.

i was like an animal, and it was my prey. i dropped my pen onto the ground and backed up, taking in my masterpiece.

it was prettier than anything i'd ever seen. maybe it was even more beautiful than ashlynn.

okay, maybe not that beautiful, but the potential is there.

i sighed in contempt and laid back on my bed, planning to dream about the faithful day i get to see josh die.

|-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/

ashlynn walked through the city to their local starbucks, dreading the 'date' she had to go on with josh. in her mind, he's crazy. with all of what he accused cass, no way. if he can get jealous that easily, she can't even begin to imagine how jealous he'd get if they were actually together.

"hey." a familiar deep voice interrupted her coffee sipping. she hummed in response to the voice. "i can prove it." he blurted after he sat down. this caught her attention.

"how so?" her tone was flat, and he knew he didn't even have to begin to explain what he was on about. she thought she knew she couldn't trust him.

"i... i'm not sure yet." he paused. "but i will. i -i will if it's the last thing i ever do. she wanted to add that she probably dies before him, so if it was the last thing he did it'd be no use, but she felt no urge to share her problems with him.

as much as she undoubtedly had feelings for this boy, she was hopelessly blinded by cassandra's deceitfulness. just another quality of hers; she's gullible. she'll believe every word out of everyone's mouth, and she doesn't even realize it.

"look, i gotta go. i gotta go to a shoot, but get back to me when you have that evidence." she got up and speed walked out of the cafe rather quickly without another word from either of them, leaving a disappointed josh behind. he knew he was right, and that he was, but he had no proof.

meanwhile, cassandra was fulfilling her sick agenda in befriending everyone who ashlynn knew, earning all the trust she could. she got jenna to come over to her small apartment, and she filled it to the brim with things she knew jenna liked. she had done her research and went out of her way to buy everything jenna loves, knowing that they'd always have something to talk about and they'd "share" the same traits and instantly become friends. the plan was foolproof, really.

that is until jenna was told to get something from the kitchen.

jenna walked in and was about to grab the batteries she said to get, but, a little brown book with writing and highlighting in it caught her eye. she found herself gravitating towards the object, though her mind was scolding her for it. she suddenly had this childlike wonder that she couldn't stop.

i read over the page, and though it was short, she got only a few things from the entry. she got to a point where it started referring to someone who the journal only referred to as "he." who could he be, jenna wondered.

"everything okay in here?" cassandra's nearby voice struck her out of her trance as she practically jumped over to the cabinets, pretending to be looking for them.

"where are the batteries?" jenna casually inquired as she continued her fake search, earning a chuckle from cassandra. a fake chuckle at that, but a chuckle.

"right here." cassandra reached into a drawer and pulled out a bin full of batteries, which led jenna to speculate why she'd need that many batteries. sure, people have a lot of batteries sometimes, but what cassandra had looked like more than a lot.

"well aren't i an idiot." jenna laughed nervously and followed cassandra back to the living room. admittedly, jenna was not a good actress. but apparently, when her mind is clouded with questions, she could barely fool someone.

For the rest of the night, they laughed about "shared" interests, shared stories - though all of cassandra's were made up - watched movies, everything you'd expect out of a casual friday night.

when it was finally time for jenna to leave, she was out of there faster than a cheetah. she got into her car and drove as fast as she could home without getting pulled over, luckily not running into any red lights.

she pulled into the driveway of the house she shared with her husband, running up the front steps and into the house. she let out a deep breath she didn't know she was holding once the door was locked, her back pressing up against it in relief. she didn't know what it was, but she speculated something was off with cassandra. then, josh's words came into her head. maybe he was right?

she reached into her back pocket and pulled out the small notebook that was previously on the kitchen counter at cassandra's house. she wasn't going to leave it there; she had to know more about who he was.

little did she know, that small decision was the start of something huge.

|-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/

a/n: lmao obama's farewell address honestly wasn't as good as i thought it'd be. it was just vague things he's already stated. but yeah, it was pretty good.

UPDATE: HE JUST SAID "TIRED OF TALKING TO STRANGER OVER THE INTERNET? TRY TALKING TO THEM IN REAL LIFE." UM EXCUSE ME DO YOU WANT ME TO SPEND 3,000 DOLLARS TO FLY ACROSS THE WORLD/COUNTRY TO SEE SOME OF MY INTERNET FRIENDS? they all live in states far away from each other and mine, so uh, not that easy.

sorry for the late update btw, i've had this written and done on the night the farewell address was given (as obviously showcased above) but i totally forgot to update it.