xl

i resisted biting my newly done nails in anticipation, just waiting to be called. i was told that first, i'd walk with josh down the red carpet, then i'd walk alone down the other half. i went into the room where jenna, tyler, josh, and a bunch of other celebrities were all waiting to be called. they all glanced towards me to see if anyone famous had come in, cut they all seemed to have to do a double take. i walked over next to josh like i was told, standing next to him as we waited to be called down to the carpet.

"you look... whoa." josh looked me up and down,and i was suddenly very self-conscious. what if something goes wrong in front of him? how are we even going to pull this off?

i giggled a little bit and gently punched his shoulder. "shut up." i gushed, clasping his hand in mine.

"i'm serious, you look beautiful. i can't believe you're gonna get a grammy..."he whispered, our faces close.

"alright alright, leave some room for jesus between you." tyler came in between the both of them, pushing the two apart.

"you have to keep ashlynn's makeup as is, josh. no tonsil tennis." jenna scolded.

"damn kids," tyler joked, "always wanting to tongue toss." tyler and jenna chuckled cutely with each other. i want that...

"twenty one pilots?" someone with a clipboard asked. we all looked towards him, well, the four of us that is. everyone else just kept talking.

"carpet time." the man instructed, leading us out to where we'd start... just walking, i guess.

i linked josh's arm with mine, and i could tell this walk was going to hurt. how do people go full days in high heels? witchcraft if you ask me.

we were cued into the carpet after tyler and jenna, and the cameras flashing weren't too new, but the man candy on my arm was. we were told to kiss by one person, then another, then another, and then most of the photographers were either yelling "kiss for the camera!" or the usual "over here!"

i didn't even have to say anything before josh used his free hand to turn my chin softly to meet lips. it as short and sweet, and it seemed the sun was in front of us as he did.

it came the time where we had to separate, and i said quickly for him to go first, as i, of course, had to get a bucket of water dumped on me.

people seemed confused as a few people came up behind me with a bucket of water, and i acted like i was just posing for the pictures. the water was poured on me, and good thing i was making sure to stand on the small part of concrete right next to the carpet, so the carpet wasn't too wet for the next people.

as planned, the dress gradually turned blue, and the bottom was ripped away, and all that was left was the navy blue slim dress that had the detail at the bottom.

cameras were flying to take pictures, and i was honestly honored to have such an amazing person as my designer. i walked the rest of the carpet and got to our seats, where jenna was on the isle, tyler next to her, josh next to him, and me next to josh.

"wait, weren't you wearing a white dress? and wasn't your hair up?" jenna asked as she peeked at my from down the isle.

"shh, it's starting." tyler hushed, the lights dimmed, and james corden was seen walking down the stairs, then falling into the stairs. iconic.

|-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/

celiene dion walked onto the stage, and i literally heard the breath leave tyler. he was bowing down to her, which made me want to laugh out loud, but i knew i couldn't.

"as you all know, we tragically lost sammi collins, the amazing singer, and supermodel, some would say the best. so, in tribute to this amazing person, we granted her last wish to, for one year only, have a whole new category. she hand picked some she knew could amazingly model and can sing and or have musical talents. so, the nominations for the collins grammy are..."

everyone turned to the screen in anticipation, and i grabbed joshes hand tightly. my breathing was uneven, i was a wreck. i didn't even have a speech prepared, what would i do.

"hey, hey, calm down... didn't they tell you the winners?" josh whispered, concern laced in his voice.

"what?" i whispered back, my voice shaky.

"they told everyone the winners of what category they were in, did they not say to you?"

i shook my head. they told us? i thought it was a surprise. how surprising. note the sarcasm.

"and the winner for possible the most exclusive award the grammys has ever offered..."

a long silence followed her voice, and my knuckles were white in anxiousness. i doubted i was going to win but at least-

"ashlynn conners!" i froze.

josh looked at me with a huge smile and shook me to get me out of my own head.

"that's you! go up there!" tyler encouraged. i, luckily, didn't have to fake my surprised face as i walked up to the stage, up the steps, and in front of all those people. it was packed. and terrifying.

celine handed me the grammy, and just as i was about to lay my hands on it...

"lynn... lynn.... ashlynn!" i woke up to my roommate shaking me awake violently.

"huh? what? why are you in- aren't you- what are you doing back home?" i muttered, rubbing my eyes tiredly.

"i told you i was coming back today. right?" she looked away from me in thought. "whoops." she chuckled.

"hey, you look like you just saw a ghost, what'dya dream about?" she sat at the end of my bed, ready to listen.

"just that josh and tyler got a grammy." i shrugged.

"ha! they're not even big enough to be recognized, nevermind get a grammy." she chuckled in response.

"yeah, i guess it was just a dream."

|-/ |-/ |-/

a/n: lmao it would've made a plot hole later if i included the grammy winning in this so ahaaaaaa