xxiv

we kept walking despite it getting dark and cold outside; i don't i wanted it to end in all honesty. it was getting so cold i began shivering, my teeth feeling like they'd shatter if they shook anymore.

"cold?" josh wrapped his arm around me - for warmth purposes of course.

"n-no." i stuttered through my chattering teeth.

"liar, liar pants on fire." josh teased. he started taking off his jacket, the most cliché move.

"how chivalrous of you." i chuckled and pulled the jacket around me. it smelled like him, and the sleeves went way past my hands. that, of course, didn't prevent me from holding his hand.

"what can i say, i'm just the chivalrous type of dude." a chuckle escaped my lips. i can't explain why, but i get all shy around josh. whenever he says something, i giggle. whether it's shyly or confidently, he makes a joke, i laugh. it's not even a fake laugh just because i want him to like me; i find everything he says genuinely enlightening.

"let's play truth or dare." josh spoke up quickly.

"what are we, 6th graders?" i looked up at him with an eyebrow raised. he stuck his bottom lip out at me, causing me to sigh and roll my eyes. "fine, truth or dare?" i swung our joined hands back and forth.

"dare." he answered immediately.

"i dare you to... eat that caterpillar." i pointed to a caterpillar on the side of the road and chuckled. he'd definitley wuss out of this one.

"easy!" he let go of my hand and went over to the caterpillar, and popped it in his mouth. he made a sour face and spit it out immediately, wiping his tongue with his sleeve. "that was way easier when i was six!" he said as he tried all he could to wipe off the taste from his mouth. meanwhile, i was laughing my ass off.

"you ate bugs when you were six?" i questioned through my cackling.

"it was to impress girls, but it never actually worked." he shrugged with fake sorrow.

"well, it worked today." i reconnected my hand with his.

|-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/

"what, so now you're dating josh mother fucking dun?" daisy asked, astonished as i casually popped a single cheeto into my mouth. i had to act "okay" around her.

"well, no, we're..." i put up my fingers in air quotes. "...'dating.'..."

"uh huh, sure. so you'd be okay with it if i asked him out?" she teased. she'd always say she "prefers the drummer" whenever she talks about their band, so i couldn't tell if she was serious.

"i don't care. you wanna ask him out? go ahead. i'll give you his number if you'd like." i joked. her eyes widened, and she suddenly seemed to jump out of her seat. did she think i was serious?

"really? you'll actually give me his number?" she looked like a kid on christmas, how could i say no?

"uh, sure?" i pulled out my phone and cautiously pulled up josh's contact information. "just- don't scream at him how much you love him. i guess." what was i doing? i just gave my friend permission to go for the guy i've been "Wanting" for 6 years...

"awesome! you're the best!" she gave me a quick side hug and ran off to her room with her phone, leaving me in the dust.

we were joking around, right?

she won't actually ask him out, right?

right?

...

|-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/

a/n: i feel weird today... sorry for the short chapter. i'm hoping i'll be okay tomorrow.