lviii

rosemary.

rosemary.

rosemary.

it was all that ran through my mind the entire day. sometimes i thought it was mysterious like her, other times i thought it was sweet, but most of all it fit her elegance perfectly.

since i seemed to bump into her everywhere i went, i practically threw myself outside of my house and to the roosevelt. maybe she'd be there?

i was a panting mess when i entered the roosevelt, looking around frantically for her. and, as i suspected, there she was. she wasn't talking, as usual, but a woman in a trenchcoat and hat sat across from her. the woman in the trenchcoat quickly left as i entered, though. strange.

rosemary started to gather her things to leave as well, but i rushed over and grabbed her arm before she could. i accidentally grabbed her a bit too hard, but she didn't even flinch. she probably thought i didn't see her.

"rosemary," i said simply, staring her in the eyes. for the first time ever, i thought i saw something flash in her ocean blue eyes. i could just be seeing things. the girl looked almost shocked. keyword; almost. she quickly returned back to her normal stance, taking her arm out of my grip that now had loosened significantly. "why won't you speak?" i blurted out, my voice accidentally sounding angry.

she opened her mouth, and i actually thought she'd say something. but of course, nothing. she opens her mouth and cobwebs fly out.

i sat down at the table she was sitting at without another word. i looked up at her expectantly, then back at the seat. she deserved a taste of her own medicine.

she raised a perfect little eyebrow at me and slipped into the booth, folding her hands on the table in front of her. she raised her eyebrows at me as i did to her, turning the table right back to where they were supposed to be. i chuckled softly and looked down at my lap. when i looked back up, i knew i saw a small smile resting on her face before she quickly wiped it away. that made me smile uncontrollably.

"sorry. i shouldn't have asked you why you don't talk. but why don't you?" i leaned my elbows on the table like i actually expected an answer. yeah right. right after i said that her phone started to go off like crazy. she didn't even look at me as she left the roosevelt.

right when i thought i was getting somewhere.

-

i managed to get the girl off my mind as tyler and i hung out, but she was still at the back of my mind. she was so... intriguing. i couldn't get enough. i still didn't know if she was mute or just didn't talk, and i wanted to know so badly. it was like a movie unfolding right in front of me. i had a habit of trying to squeeze into people's lives, which i probably should have gotten over. the last time i got in someone's life it ended in death after all.

"and i was like- hey are you even listening?" tyler snapped his fingers in my face and i whipped my head towards him, eyes wide.

"huh?" i raised my eyebrows and kept my eyes on tyler, trying to keep my mind off that girl.

"penny for your thoughts?" he took a penny from his pocket after some digging, unfortunately not giving me any material to change the subject. i rolled my eyes and took the penny, shoving it in my own pocket. "so?" tyler rested his elbows on his knees and looked up at me expectantly, making me chuckle.

"just this person." i shrugged, hoping he'd just drop it. knowing tyler, that wasn't a possibility.

"oooooh! a person you say? what is the gender of this person?" tyler smirked at me, already knowing the answer.

"female." i muttered, tyler then slapping my arm playfully repeatedly and making various noises to tease me. classic.

"dude! what's her name? is she ho-" tyler's voice was interrupted as jenna walked into the living room, making him immediately rethink his sentence. "is her personality good?" tyler looked back at jenna for approval, at which she nodded and gave a thumbs up. tyler smiled proudly and sat back up straight.

"her name is rosemary and-"

"rosemary? josh," jenna groaned in frustration. "out of all the people in the world, you like the most impossible person to deal with." jenna rubbed circles into her temples in fake frustration.

"whoa whoa whoa, no one ever said anything about liking her," i quickly interjected. i definitely didn't like the girl. i admired her, sure. she intrigued me, sure. "and if you think she's so impossible, why did you invite her to lunch with us?"

"i wanted to see if she was just shy or she just really never did talk, which sadly it was the latter. she'd always busy, it gets on my nerves. she's never available on wednesday's either, like all day. who has all 24 hours of a day booked?!" jenna rambled and threw her arms about, tyler and i visibly struggling with keeping back our laughs.

the topic was thankfully changed quickly, as tyler got bored and some random question that he needed an answer to popped into his head. thank god for his goldfish attention span.

i only stayed for a little while longer before leaving, rosemary finally off my mind.

it seemed everywhere i turned, there she was. was she following me? well, technically, i'm following her in a way. she's already there whenever i arrive somewhere, so really, i'm the one stalking her. what a twist.

it led me to wonder, if i'm so entrapped in her, is she the same with me?

-

a/n: notice how instead of |-/ ending every chapter it's now the new logo.

also, i promise i'm not lazy with these. i just have this process of writing, where i'll write in in my notebook, annotate the chapter, write it again in the notebook but perfected, then i'll transfer it into my computer on grammarly and perfect it there, then i'll annotate again and i'll post it here. i'm always working on a chapter, i swear, sometimes it just takes longer to write and sometimes i'm picky with my editing.

also, i'm making an update schedule. it's not fair to you guys if i just post whenever i want, so, from now on i post a new chapter every sunday. i might add more days because i love this story so much, but i'm being generous with myself before i try to cut back on the amount of time it takes to edit a chapter.