xv

josh said he was leaving to go hang out with tyler, who had recently moved out here to live with his girlfriend. i knew josh wouldn't admit it, but im guessing he only moved here because tyler did.

i hopped into the shower and drowned out the world with spotify, my voice easily over-powering my phone. i've been told i'm a good singer, but i can't believe them. it might be my biased hate against myself, but that's just me.

i continued singing loudly, almost forgetting we were in an apartment of people who might be able to hear. whatever, these walls are pretty thick.

at that moment, i didn't even notice my spotify playlist ended. i was just singing. but i wasn't singing any song. i was just making it up. it actually sounded good.

and at that moment, i didn't hear the front door open.

|-/ josh |-/

"and it wasn't even cut right!"

"yeah, i mean, how hard is it to cut a quesadilla r-"

"wait," tyler interrupted me mid-sentence and seemed to lean his head a bit forward.

"is that... singing?" we both paused, and you could hear a pin drop. the faint sound of the shower was heard, but along with it, a soft feminine voice.

"she can sing?" i muttered, stepping closer as tyler was.

"who? you have a girlfriend, and didn't tell me?" tyler look back at me eagerly, and he looked somewhat hurt.

"no, no, it's ashlynn. she moved from ohio to here with me." i explained briefly, continuing to walk towards the bathroom door.

we got to the white door, and the singing was much louder now. damn, she's a good singer.

"have you ever heard this song before?" tyler asked, listening carefully to her singing.

"no... let me shazam it," i took my phone and opened the app, the held it up relatively close to the door. after a few seconds, it said there was no such song.

"it's not an existing song." i looked up at tyler, who was still listening intently.

"so... she's just making it up?"

"i guess so."

"that's sick!" tyler almost exclaimed. my eyes widened, and ashlynn's singing stopped. shit.

i grabbed tylers wrist and practically sprinted to the living room as quietly as possibly sitting on the couch and pulling him down with me.

"owie." tyler whimpered and rubbed his wrist.

"she could've heard you!" i scolded with a small chuckle, not being able to help it. he's so childish sometimes that it's funny.

"okay... but she didn't." tyler pointed out.

"josh?" the same feminine voice shouted.

"yeah?" i shouted back.

"could you grab my towel for me?" she replied.

"coming!" i sprung up and grabbed her towel from where it was on the couch, walking to the bathroom. i got to the door and tentatively knocked, of course not wanting just to walk in.

"come in, just put it on the counter," she replied. the water was still running. my face went red, and i opened the door, immediately hit by the hot air. i placed the towel on the counter, and as i did so, i glanced over to see the outline of her through the shower curtain. it wasn't showing much, but it was showing her figure. after i placed the towel down and was staring for a good 5 seconds, i realized what i was doing and rushed out of the bathroom, closing the door behind me.

damn, it looked like she had a... nice... body.

i walked back into the living room to see tyler still on the couch but now hunched over with his elbows on his knees, reading off ashlynn's laptop. i noticed the laptop was open when we came into the living room, but i didn't take action on it.

"why are you on ashlynn's laptop?" i asked curiously, expecting him to apologize or something as usual.

"you might want to see this..."

~~~~

a/n: haha! we haven't had a good ol' fashioned cliff hanger in a while, have we?