xxv

"look, we need you both to do a little... more." chris told gently to both ashlynn and i.

"what do you mean?" ash spoke the both of our thoughts.

"he means you need to do more public stuff, idiot. social media pictures, all of that." her manager snapped, looking up from her phone to send me daggers. somebody is on their time of the month.

"don't call her that." i interrupted before she could say anything more.

"excuse me?" she sassed, her gaze flickering to me.

"i said don't call her that." i repeated more forcefully. the tension in the room built, but she didn't say another word. she almost shrunk down in her seat. serves her right for talking to ash that way.

"anyway, yes. we need you both to be more active on social medias about your relationship, you know, that vine thing you do so much. oh, and instagram. all of 'em, just cloud them with each other. alright?" chris's voice broke the tension the tiniest bit, as he - for the most part - is a pretty nice guy.

"fair enough," i answered. with a small shrug, glancing at ash. she shrugged at me, which i took as a sure.

"okay, that's all for today, you guys can leave if you'd like." chris dismissed us, which we quickly left. immediately when we left the office, a huge smile spread across ash's face.

"that was sick!" she shouted excitedly and took both of my hands in hers.

"what?" i chuckled at her enthusiasm, her doe eyes gleaming as always.

"when you stood up to tatiana! it was sick! i've never seen her so embarrassed since i've known her!" she was practically skipping down the sidewalk, pulling me along. i've never seen her this energetic.

"i wouldn't call it sick..." i spoke, obviously trying to show modesty. "by the way, i was thinking - as chris suggested - we could make like a couple-y vine..? it's okay if you don't want to, i totally get it-"

"josh." she interrupted my rambling. "i'd love to make a couple-y vine with you." i couldn't tell if she was flirting or not, but if she was flirting, she was succeeding. as i was blushing redder than a tomato.

i took out my phone hesitantly, and before i knew it, we were making a vine. it was basically just us making funny faces, then her pecking my cheek quickly and acting like she didn't - cheesy stuff. i was smiling as i typed "#powercouple." in as the caption, immediately uploading it. i wanted to preserve my cheek forever, honestly.

( we're acting like vine isn't dead ok, ok. )

i heard a small giggle beside me, and i looked down to see ashlynn peeking over my shoulder as i pressed upload.

my smile fed off her positivity, making me grin happily. she was like a rainbow, never fails to either amaze you or make you smile. it's like i could stare for hours...

but all rainbows leave.

eventually.

|-/ |-/ |-/ |-/ |-/

a/n: there will be another chapter out today, i just had to end that one there for obvious purposes.