Chapter 2- EDITH

Mom didn't eat again.

This isn't something new, though. Even though the plate of food from last evening was still there, I made sure to. My mom was still sleeping- but she always was sleeping, so it didn't really matter. wishing I could talk to her. About everything. About what will happen today. My first day in the Academy. Being homeschooled all these years and suddenly I'm being placed to go to the prestigious all-werewolf private school because some packs said Blaine and I had to.

Blaine mind-links me. We're gonna be late, cuz.

I checked the time on my phone and cursed, gently closing my mom's room door and grabbing my book bag and headed out the door.

"You know, I thought I would be the one to be late." Blaine raised an eyebrow at me. 

"I didn't even eat breakfast." I was too busy making it for my mom who wouldn't eat it. But I make it anyways. In case she decides one day she's going to do something. She's going to move. Talk. Say something. Be normal again. Ever since my Dad died, my mom had been sick in her bed, and depressed. That's normal for wolves with dead mates. But I wish she would just give me something. Get the life back in her. Stop my uncle from taking over our pack. Something he took away from my mother...from me. 

Blaine handed me a protein bar. Knowing our situation, I declined. Food wasn't something easy to come by with Silas. Even for his own son. And especially to me. Which is why I work at a local coffee shop to earn some extra money. Having money shouldn't have been any issue- my dad had his business that Silas took over. The business should go to me, but that's only when I become the Alpha. So I make do with money and never want to go to the grocery store again about to break down because I didn't have enough to pay for food.

"Rosie wanted to see us off, but she was sleeping," Blaine said, and I smiled. I loved that sweet little munchkin so much. 

"Wish I could've had her say something to me before school."

"Well cousin," Blaine dramatically holds out his hands. "This is what we've both been dreading."

The both of us look up at the massive building in front of us, waitinf

The massive building in front of us, waiting for us to enter. It looked more like a college than anything else. This high school did have some big donors. Also known as Alphas from various packs that wanted to create a school for werewolves.

The only reason why Blaine and I had to go to this private high school- Alpha Omega Private School- is because my uncle, Blaine's father Silas, was ordered to enroll us. Silas was ordered because the majority of the packs agreed there should be some higher education for them, hence a school being built.  Many children of the Alphas and Betas stayed in the dorms or even some of the richer wolves- even though it was a high school but since it was a private little academy we could afford dorms- and since Blaine and I were near the school, we'd travel to and from home. It wasn't easy, but with Silas controlling our every move and wanting us to stay close, this was the best we got.

I wish I could do something so Blaine could just live in the dorms and away from home. I didn't care about me, but Blaine's sanity from his father. 

"Can we just skip," I suggested. I wouldn't mind skipping at all. 

"It's out first day here, Edith," Blaine's height gave him the advantage to place his arm on my shoulder like an arm rest. "Besides, they have some kind of tracking thing for attendance."

"At least we might have lunch together," I said weakly. Blaine snorted because he was only in 10th grade while I was in 12th so that was still highly unlikely. Blaine makes the first step inside