Chapter 27- WEST

Oh snap 3400 words? Lemme just say you guys are spoiled ;)

Vote and comment pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

Enjoy~

.

.

.

There's a rift in our friend group.

Obviously, Destiny and Sophie went to sit with Abby during lunch. Wherever they were. Jax sided with Abby- I know it's he who loves her. He who wouldn't get her love in return. Because, well, Abby confessed her undying love to me. Which I think I let her down politely, and told her we'd always be best friends. And there's mates. We have mates out there for us.

Yeah, she didn't take it too well given the fact that she slapped me and called me an "uber jerk who knows nothing". 

I feel bad that Theo and Maddox have to choose between which friends they wanted to side with, but honestly I'm thankful I'm not alone.

"You know why I punched Jax the other day?" Theo asked biting his burger, sitting across from me, next to Maddox.

"Why?"

"Because Jax accused you of not being enough of an Alpha to deserve someone's love. In front of Abby, knowing her feelings for you."

I paused eating for a second, Maddox eyeing me, his liquid gray eyes reflecting his anger.

"That's why you had to drag me out of the cafeteria that other day," Theo continued, shrugging. "I don't care who it is, but no one will ever say anything bad about you in front of me."

And me Maddox signed.

"So I don't know why Jax thought it was okay- don't really care- but it wasn't and he knows I'll kick his-"

"West."

We all turned to see Blaine hesitantly there, trying to smile, but it coming off as a grimace. I chuckle at how alike sometimes the two cousins were. He was sporting a black eye, I've noted and wanted to talk to him about it without anyone listening so he'd feel more comfortable talking about it.

"Hey what's up," I greeted.

"Could I talk to you for a second?"

I glanced at my questioning friends, but nodded. "Of course." I got up, following him out the cafeteria. 

"Who did that?" I asked, pointing at his eye. He looked shocked for a second, almost like he forgot it was there. "It looks kind of fresh. Not today...yesterday?" I knew what they looked like. I've caused them and I've been through them.

"No one," Blaine shook his head.

"Are you-"

"No one in this school."

He paused, looking up at me. I stared hard at him.

"Someone from your pack?" I asked carefully. Treading lightly.

Blaine didn't answer me. "Could we drop this?"

I wanted to push because whoever it was in his pack, was in Edith's pack too. What if he hurt Edith as well? The one in their pack could be hurting both of them. I didn't want to drop it. I wanted to go to their pack and demand who it was.

"I don't like it, Blaine," I told him truthfully. "The thought that someone in your pack is harming someone I care about."

And I couldn't ask Edith. She wouldn't give me anything ever.