Chapter 32- EDITH

Thank you all who vote and comment! 

Much love for you guys because I do it for you! It's hard out here and we need support so please VOTE AND COMMENT *aggressively in text*

This chapter is my favorite..........which one is yours (so far)?

.

.

.

West was a singer.

Not the best, but he did try and jam it out to the latest pop song on the radio.

"You mean you've never road tripped before?!" he asked me when I wondered what you do for so long.

"Er, not really," I said defensively. Didn't have the time to or the people to do it with.

"Wow, we needs snacks," West declares, and it's only been ten minutes into the ride. He took an exit, going to the first gas station he saw. "Wait right here, I'm going to get some snacks." Not knowing what to make of this situation, or him really, I just sat in the car, checking my phone for the thousandth time making sure Blaine didn't sent me an SOS text. I only got some snapchats from Callie and Penelope. Penelope told me not to worry and that I did need this "mini vacation" after studying super hard all week and trying to see how I'd deal with not being at school. School was a safe place, a sanctuary. Penelope promised me she'd check up on Blaine and my mom, and I'd call him and text him to see how he was doing. 

West opens the car door, and instead of two items like I expected, it seemed as though he bought the whole store. The bags went to the back.

"What's all that for?" I asked, incredulous.

"I didn't know what you liked, so I just got..." West looked a little sheepish, "a little bit of everything."

"Thanks," I said, touched by his thoughtfulness and bashfulness.

"What," West cleared his throat, "do you like anyways?"

I picked out the bag of cheddar cheese ruffles. "I'm not that picky." Growing up has taught me to be thankful of everything. I couldn't afford to be picky on food.

West stared at me for a moment, clearly thinking about what he was about to say, but didn't and picked up the M&M's, opening the bag and plopping one in his mouth.

"Snacks. A must for a road trip."

"West, it's three hours."

"Three hours of snacking."

I rolled my eyes, looking away so he couldn't see my smile.

"Don't do that," he said softly.

"Do what?" I asked.

"Hide your smile. Your dimples." West turned on the car.

"I hate my dimples." They were like two giant saucers and made me look like a pup.

"They're beautiful," West commented, like it was nothing new. "Everything about you...beautiful."

  XXXX

When we got to the hotel, the woman at the desk looked at the both of us. Unamused by us, like she's seen it all. Probably has.