Chapter 20- EDITH

I thought I should wait to update but then I was like nah.

Who's your favorite character thus far?

Please vote and comment! Love y'all!

.

.

.

Before school started, Blaine told me he'd catch up with me and had to go to the gym because he left something yesterday when we both were using it. Blaine for basketball, and me using the weights to get stronger.

As I walked down the courtyard, my entire being froze as I saw the last being on Earth I wanted to see.

Beta Toby.

Beta Toby wasn't even my Dad's Omega, but Silas boosted his ranking all the way to Beta for some reason or the other. Toby thinks he's the hot stuff in the pack. He's tall, spiky black hair and has an ever present smile on his lips which can make some female wolves look at him with interest. Underneath the true face, I knew that ugliness lied inside. His leer at me always made me want to be dressed up in a garbage bag. Even then he's make you feel highly uncomfortable. He creeps me out to the extreme.

"Ah, Edith, nice of you to be here," Toby gives me a smile, unashamedly checking me out. "Silas just asked me to check up on you guys at school. See if you would come back to meet some of his friends."

I blanched at the thought. "I'm not going with you," I stated. I'm not going with him anywhere. "I'm at school." Toby took this in as defiance. 

Toby grabbed my arm, his fingers digging into my flesh. I winced trying to pull away but not wanting to cause a scene.  His voice turning angry, "I said-"

A low growl emitted from behind us which caused Toby to shake a little, dropping his hold on me immediately. 

I knew who it was before Toby did. Toby probably thought it was a teacher, but it was only West dressed in his grey sweatpants and a black sweater, looking really good with his tanned skin. He didn't look happy as his gaze sliced through Toby, looking at me if I was okay.

Toby's eyes narrowed to slits. "Who are you, pup?" Toby tried to intimidate West with his height, straightening to his full height. 

"Just a classmate," I rushed quickly before West can say anything, least of his freaking name or who he is. Anxiety came over me quickly. I didn't need Toby telling Silas about anything of my school life least of all put West on his radar. I willed West to shut up and leave, but his gaze was still sending daggers to Toby. I really hoped he didn't see Toby grabbing me.

"The real question is who the hell are you?" West's tone could cut glass. Oh no. The last time he looked this pissed off, he punched someone.

"Watch your tone, pup. I'm the Beta of the Mystic Redlands, Toby Fields. Respect your superiors."

West gave Toby a smug look, "Huh, never heard of you-" West glanced at me then, "or your pack." 

Thankfully, Blaine came right then, distracting Toby from say anything. He ushered Toby and I to the opposite side where West was. And West was met up with Theo.

I looked back to give West a glare, hoping he got the message, but he just winked at me.

"You pups nowadays don't respect your superiors. It is everything wrong in your generation. Who was that brat anyways? Maybe his parents can teach him a lesson," Toby ranted. "Are they filling your head with, what? Education?" He let out an ugly horrible laugh that made my skin crawl. "They're letting she-wolves out of their packs and unsafe in the world?"