Chapter 18- EDITH

Long time no see peeps! Sorry for the delay, but here is the next chapter!

Hope you enjoy! Vote and comment please!

.

.

.

Watching Penelope practice cheer-leading on the bleachers was as bad as it sounds. My best friend wasn't horrible or anything, but I kept getting the feeling as though I'm being watched by someone.

The two co-captains of the squad, Odette and Abby kept barking out orders.

Next to the cheer leaders on the field were the football players, namely, Keaton, namely him being the one who kept throwing the ball in our direction, obviously trying to get Callie's attention. Callie also decided to join me, her quiet presence was welcoming. Blaine told me I needed to take a break from training, so this was my break.

Before I had to be at the elementary school babysitting the pups during and after school.

My heart twisted in a strange way when I saw West coming up to speak with Abby.

Seeing him this morning so...so broken broke me into a million pieces. I don't think I can ever recover from the pain that West was feeling. Something about the whole thing made me want to cry. For him. For smiling right now, acting like this morning didn't even happen.

He surely put on a brave front.

Like magnets, our eyes collided and the corners of his mouth lifted slightly at me. Behind that smile, was hurt. 

My chest ached.

We had to go to the elementary school soon for our detention anyways.  I'm really hoping he's not actually waiting for me. Horrified that he's coming towards Callie and I.

I don't miss the look Abby gives him, frowning, then she turns her glare to me and I quickly pretend that the gum under the bleacher in front of me is really interesting.

"Hey."

His voice is apprehensive and unsure about even speaking with me.

"Hi West," luckily, Callie found her tongue. At least she thinks we're all friends here because of gym class. 

"Edith and I have detention," he said cheerfully, making me look up at him. A half-smile lit his face.

"Oh yeah," Callie said, a wry smile on her face.

"Heads up!" someone yelled, and the football flew towards our direction, almost in the face of Callie, but West's fast reflexes caught the ball with one hand.

"Sorry about that my aim is little off," Keaton looked anything but sorry.

I saw West's eyes flash angrily before he turned around slowly. In one quick movement, he spiraled the ball like a pro towards Keaton and it hit him hard in the stomach causing him to fall down. West grinned, "Sorry about that. You see, my aim is a little off."

Keaton clenched his jaw, looking up towards Callie before storming off.

"What's his deal?" I asked seriously. "I thought he was over it."

"Trust me, if a guy like him gets humiliated like that, it's hard for him to get over it. His ego won't let him," West answered, his eyes roaming to Callie who was sitting quietly. "He...hasn't done anything else, has he?"

Callie shook her head. "No, and thanks for... that."

"Ready to go? I'll drive us," West offered me. Callie raised an eyebrow at me.