Chapter 46- EDITH

LOOK WHO UPDATED! 

One of my favorite chapters! Let me know what you guys think :) 

As always, thank you ALL for your continuous support. Motivates me to write.

.

.

.

"I have to tell you something."

The rain was falling  harder now. 

Damien and Wyatt looked at each other before we came here, and they both said, "West" at the same time. They explained that his emotions through powerful magic affected the atmosphere that was around him, and in turn the weather. Usually, he did it unconsciously is what Wyatt told me. Most of the time he does it unconsciously.

He still had a tight grip on me, looking at me questioningly. I was still on him.

"West, we need to leave," Damien interrupted us, looking a bit apologetic of our reunion as he looked between us. He raised an eyebrow. The freaking Vampire King was West's grandfather, and I still couldn't wrap my head around it or how I could even face such a powerful being. It felt like he commanded the air.

"Grandpa, did you meet my mate?" West beamed at his Grandpa. I got up, helping West to get up.

"I did," the way that the vampire king was looking fondly of West made me heart ache. "She's very lovely. It's a wonder how you kept it from me or your Uncle Zeke for so long."

West looked down at me, adoringly. "Well cat's out of the bag."

Wyatt jogs over to us. "The car is ready for us to leave, Grandpa."

The vampire king nodded. "Good. I have taken care of these rogues as far as we know. You guys will be at one of my places. I'll meet you there shortly. Just follow Reggie." He nodded to one of the vampire who was built like a linebacker, Reggie I assumed waved at us.

And just in a flash, the vampire king vanished. 

We headed to the car, filing in. Abby was getting in before me, and there was an awkward pause between us.

Oh yeah, she kissed my mate and is in love with him.

She nodded at me, and turned to be in the passenger seat. "Theo who left you in charge to drive?" she said, breaking whatever weirdness there was- which was only between her and I. 

"Myself," Theo responded. 

I was in the middle between Wyatt and West. I'm actually glad I don't have to have the conversation with West right now. One moment, I felt so courageous to tell him everything, but the next I totally chickened out. The car ride with Theo, Wyatt, Abby, West consisted of Theo and Wyatt taking digs and joking with West. Even Abby joined in. 

I couldn't because I felt like vomiting. Trying to get the courage of telling your secrets does that, apparently. I had to tell West today- as soon as possible. There was no more hiding it. I didn't want to keep anything from West anymore.

Every now a then, West would look at me, a brush of our feet or hands, but  thankfully he didn't probe.

"Are you okay?" I whispered to him instead because it was easier to turn the attention on him than me.

"Always when I'm with you," was his reply.

XXXX

The place we stopped by was a luxury hotel- and it was actually owned by West's dad, Lance and only filled with vampires. A literal vampire hot spot. All of them were working for the vampire king.