Chapter 31- WEST

A token of my appreciation for you guys' support: a double update of the week.

Please comment and vote! I love hearing from you guys... Plus if ya want to motivate me to write quicker (seriously tho)

.

.

.

The Monday of finals week, my Dad Facetimes me.

"Hello?" I greeted him, but Dad brings the phone closer. "You can't see me more because you have your face closer to the camera," I chuckled.

Dad brings the phone back, so I can get a good profile. "Better?" he asked, unsure.

"Yeah yeah."

"Your mom and Wyatt make fun of me too," Dad said. "I will never get used to the Facetime." It looked like Dad was walking somewhere- and he definitely wasn't in the pack.

"What's up with you?" I asked.

Mom jumped in on the screen and waved her hands and grinned at me, "We're going on a vacation!"

I blinked, "Huh?!"

"Right now! Your dad surprised me. I have you to thank too. He said it was your idea that we needed one."

"Whoa whoa whoa," I said, shaking my head. "Where when who what?" and then, "You're leaving me?"

"About two weeks to Bali," Dad replies.

"Without me?" I asked, joking, but there was no way I wanted to go with those two. I knew they wanted alone time.

"Oh honey, we knew you would have tests this week. Your dad just surprised me. Honestly, I think that he wanted to go more than me."

"You guys do deserve it. Spending it alone. Just a couple's trip."

Mom made a face at me and Dad said, "Whenever you have time not studying- which is supposed to be until the end of this week- check up on how Carter is doing. When we board the plane and get to Bali, we'll let you and Wyatt know."

"Thanks guys,"

"What's been going on with you?" Mom asked innocently. 

I couldn't tell my Mom that I was having trouble controlling my magic because there's always a cause for it which is usually emotions. I can't tell Mom I've been feeling sad because then she'll ask why, and I can't lie to her. I don't want to lie to her. I want to tell her it's because of my mate. I know my parents would give me the best advice in order to handle this situation I'm in.

It feels like I'm losing my literal half with Wyatt being so distant.

I can't lose the one who will make me always feel whole.

I won't.

XXXX

Doing two hours of studying for thirty minutes was a lot, so I decided to clear my head and visit my pack to see Carter.

Carter rifled through. "Your Dad gave me a detailed schedule about what he does during the day. I didn't know he played bingo with the elderly werewolves on Fridays."

"Didn't you know how boring my Dad is?"

Carter chuckled a little. "You're funny, West."

"Thanks, I'd like to think so too but my parents beg to differ."