Chapter 3- WEST

Wyatt is always at the art room drawing.

My twin is predictable even though I haven't spoken to him in a while, our relationship strained for no reason. We usually are always on the same page, but he's been distancing himself from me, arguing with me and flat out avoiding me lately, I can't help but try to see him.

Living in the dorms is really convenient because there's a short nice trail from the dorms directly to the school that all the wolves used. The building opens at 6 AM even though classes don't start until 7:45 AM.

Football try-outs were at 6:30 AM for all the returning members except me, the captain of the team. Coach didn't think I had to try out, but he wanted to talk to me about something else. I just wish he didn't want to talk to me at 7 in the morning. Before going to meet coach, I was going to see if Wyatt was in the art room. It was in the lower building, and you have to pass a bunch of art projects such as portraits, pottery, some abstract art that was hanging on the wall.

The door to the art room is open, and sure enough, I see Wyatt's back. Where I had short hair, Wyatt grew his out, just barely able to tie it into a short pony tail. Where Wyatt didn't lack in physique, I had more muscle because I worked out every day because of my sports. Where I was good at punching people, Wyatt was good with people. He was better at me in everything. I may have the athletic ability, but Wyatt was artistically inclined.

I watched him for about a second before, "I thought you would have football try-outs today," Wyatt commented, not even having to turn around. Twin telepathy or something.

Probably a werewolf thing though.

"Nah coach didn't think I should try out," I answered. What I wanted to say why he was avoiding me.

"I see."

That was the conversation.

Wyatt wasn't going to say anything more, I feel it. 

Not one for long silences I said, "Well, I'll catch you later. Er, Theo wants to go to this party later this weekend." Come on, tell me you want to go. Wyatt used to always go to these parties with me. I'd drag him out of his "art studio" most of the times. Just to hang out with me. Having my twin beside me kept me at ease.

"Alright." Still focused on his painting, I watch him for a moment before wanting to yell at him, scream at him, but instead I turn around, feeling like some part of me is lost and missing. 

Why is it like this between us? What is going on with Wyatt that he can't talk to me and I can barely manage a decent conversation with him? Everyone thinks we're okay, and he's my twin brother yet I don't know anything about his life currently.

This isn't how I want to start my morning.

XXXX

My favorite time of the day is when I see all my friends at lunch. For the past four years at the school, we've had the same lunch.

At our lunch table, Abby sits herself between my best friend Theo and I, leaving the brooding Maddox to be at the end of the table, and Jax to sit between Abby's two other best friend's- Sophie and Destiny. The girls are talking about some book called A Court of Wings and Ruin talking about some guy named Rhysand. What is it with authors nowadays writing such characters that make all the girls swoon over them?

"You have to read it, Soph it's too good," Destiny was saying. Something is trying to claw out of me.

Jax huffed out, "Is this another Twilight?" 

"Ugh. Twilight sucked. We don't even want to talk about that," Abby shook her head. "And I need to finish it! So no spoilers!"

As much as I want to quip in this conversation,I'm trying really hard not to alarm anyone because I'm clenching my teeth so hard and my hand is pressed against the side of the table tightly.