Chapter 42- EDITH

Long chapter.  3170 words. Don't say I never bring you guys quality stuff ;)

 Comment. Vote. Share. Enjoy.

Your support means everything to me! We authors need some type of validation. 

.

.

.

Jared wanted to die.

I'm sure of it.

There is no other reason of him being here and pissing me off. And increasingly growing agitated and tense was West, clenching and unclenching his fists. I have the feeling he was going to punch Jared again, but this time harder. Even if West was injured, he still could do some serious damage if provoked.

And it didn't take much to provoke West.

"Look, I know you guys aren't my biggest fans," Jared hurriedly continued, and he didn't dare try move either because West was on the verge of shifting. I saw his claws coming out and the low tremors of the sky shifting in the air, a sign that West's emotions took a turn downhill.

So I took his hand.

He turned back to me, his eyes softening in wonder and that adoration he has that makes me feel things I don't want to acknowledge. I averted my gaze from West to glare at Jared.

I told him, "You should leave."

"Now," West added.

"I've been doing wolfsbane for some time now." Jared looked guilty. "My relationship with Penelope-"

"Do not say her name," I gritted my teeth thinking about my best friend being hurt like that.

"I know I've done horrible things-"

"Don't tell us," I interrupted. I already knew.

"Please just listen-"

"I think we're done here," West's voice was too calm. "So I suggest you leave my sight before I break something more than your jaw."

"I know where they are. The rogues. Nicholas."

We both freeze. I feel West's hands tighten over mine.

"There are some wolves at the school that do it, but there's a mole who never showed which is Wyatt. Your brother, West. And they're not too happy about that. They're not going to come after you two until they've killed Wyatt."

Something unpleasant coils in my stomach and I want to throw up.

"Too bad they can't kill him without going through me," West said. "Show me where they are." My eyes widened. West was being too impulsive - and we needed to tell Wyatt and Theo this.

"We don't even know if this is a trap," I said calmly. "We don't trust you at all."

"I get that," Jared said quickly.

I scoffed, on high alert. This was so strange. "Why are you even telling us this?" 

Jared took a deep breath, looking down. "Maybe to right some wrongs. I've been in the wrong crowd." I squinted at him, remembering even after West hospitalized him, Jared looked even more beaten up. Like someone beat him up. Could it be? Did someone else beat him up too? "And I know, it was probably deserved."