Chapter 25- WEST

Don't kill me for the ending of the chapter ........Please vote and comment!

.

.

.

7 years ago....

"Come on Wyatt we need to go and see it!" I pulled my twin's hand, we were out of view from everyone else. Mom and Dad were away only for the weekend for a meeting- one they couldn't take with us, but entrusted Aunt Meg to take care. And the whole pack to.

"But Mom and Dad always say we need to use the pool," Wyatt whined at me. 

"The pool is boring. We need the lake," I pleaded. "It's more interesting. I've heard Uncle Bo talk about how cool it is."

Wyatt looked to be considering it.

"It'll be right there," I said again. "Let's venture out a little."

"Mom and Dad-"

"Mom and Dad won't ever figure out. We'll just go in and out."

Wyatt wasn't liking this, but I wanted to reach the lake. I needed to see it.

"We could ask Aunt Meg to take us," Wyatt tried to reason with me. He was always trying to reason with me whenever I did something stupid.

The guilt always stayed with me. It never left. And I wasn't the same. Even if I was 11 years old, it was my fault. I should've listened to Wyatt. I always should've listened to him. He knew before I did.

Before I almost got myself killed. 

The thing is, I don't remember what exactly happened. Then or before that time. I don't know why, and no one tells me. Except I don't want to know. I'm too scared to figure out.

XXXX 

Present.............

Coach gave us off for soccer in the morning, so I went to my math teacher to get my grade so I could know if I failed or passed.

Mom called me- at 7 AM- which I knew was too early for her so she probably couldn't sleep or was slacking on the morning training session.

"How's school going for you?" Mom asked.

"Ah, well, it's going," I said, looking at the 78 I made on my math test. Dang. I knew I could do better. I crumpled the paper and put in my locker, so it could be forgotten.

"How did you do on your math test?" I groaned. She would remember. "It can't be that bad."

"It's a C." Like always.

"Have you been looking over your notes every single day for fifteen minutes like I told you?" Mom is in complete Mom mode.

"Do you want the truth or the lie?"

"Truth."

"I haven't."

"Are you going to do basketball on top of soccer?"

"Yeah."

"On top of student council and being at the elementary school?"

I sighed, knowing where she was going with this. An ache was in the pit of my chest, and I knew it was because I just wanted my mom. Wanted my dad. Wanted to be with my family.