Chapter 51- WEST

We're at the endgame now.
Vote -comment- share
Thank you all that do.
Not edited
.
.
.

15 YEARS OLD

Werewolves shifting for the first time could be either painful or painless. My parents didn't seem too concerned with Wyatt shifting- he didn't have magic that appeared two years ago like I did or thought to inherited my dad's curse. One curse that stretched out to him and my uncle Zeke. And now to me.

My worry was that my wolf, the beast that was inside all werewolves, couldn't be controlled. Or to lose control and hurt Mom or Wyatt.

Dad's confidence that I wouldn't hurt anyone helped my stress on my birthday when it would be my first shift. I thought Wyatt and I would shift together, but Dad said he needed to take precautions.

Your wolf won't hurt who he knows is blood related, but for the first time it's different....

Uncle Zeke and Mom helped Wyatt shift while Dad took me somewhere else, away from most supernatural beings. Mom wanted to come with me, and honestly I wanted her to come, but if the chances of my wolf accidentally hurting her, I'd never forgive myself.

I think back to how Dad had his first shift alone, used as a weapon by his own father in the Alpha War. Dad was completely alone in his first shift. The only way he shifted back was through overwhelming exhaustion. Since then, Dad tried to control his wolf.

It's hard to control because our wolf's one true goal is to protect and kill anyone standing in their way. Killing is the one thing the dark curse was created to do.

Dad told me when I get older he'll let me know about my family history with witches and the intense magical abilities. Mom's magic was similar to Uncle Zeke's- where emotions triggered it.

"I don't want to lock you in a dungeon," Dad said. The empty dungeon cell that Grandpa used to use was haunting. I could smell something rotten- probably old vampire blood.

"I'm wanting to," my unease caused me to tremble as I entered in the cell. I wish Wyatt could be here with me. This sucked. Wyatt's parting words was whoever shifted last owed the other a video game.

"You'll be okay," Dad's eyes softened at me.

When the time came, I didn't shift at first. Gradually inch my inch my skin was ripping apart in excruciating pain. And when my wolf, at the time I didn't have his name figured out, was fully shifted, he tried to get out the cage.

It happened all night, the going crazy and trying to leave. Dad spent the whole night up, right next to my dungeon, where one time my wolf tried to bite him. I could vaguely remember the soothing words Dad said to me, the whole night.

At the morning time when my wolf was tired but hadn't shifted out, Dad was bravely annoying and entered the dungeon inside of me.

My wolf was laying down and growled at Dad when he woke up, but Dad stayed and ran a hand through his white coat gently. "I think you're Salvatore," Dad said to my wolf.

Hearing a noise cause Salvatore to get up, growling at the intruder. Mom came by with food, for Dad and me. "Lance, he's my son he's not going to hurt me." Mom entered the cell, crinkling her nose at it. Instinctively, my wolf knew Mom. Something about her familiar scent made him instantly calmer.