Chapter 44- EDITH

Thank you all for supporting this story you guys are the best please continue! Vote-Comment-Share
.
.
.

Mom was making something in the kitchen, the smell was strong and I kept staring at her doing it because I felt as though this was all a dream. What she told me I wish were just lies, nothing more. But it was true. In my heart  I knew it was true.

What next step was there for me besides finding these rogues. These rogues that have killed my father.

I needed to tell West everything.

There was a hard pounding on the door. Mom jumped up, but the voice behind the door made me relax.

"Edith! It's Wyatt!"

When I opened the door, I was surprised to find Wyatt and Theo- both looking worried.

"Hey guys," I greeted a bit slowly, realizing we had company and I have not allowed anyone besides Blaine and Penelope come over. Even then, Penelope almost never came because I always visited her place. No one ever visited this sorry place of an apartment. Especially that it looked like a wreck. The rogues demolished the place.

I glanced over at Mom, who didn't seem to mind. She looked very interested in them. Other wolves besides me.

"Uh, Wyatt and Theo this is my mom," I continued, gesturing with my hands awkwardly. I wasn't prepared to show anyone Mom because I didn't know if Mom was ready for any interactions. Much to my relief, they didn't reciprocate my awkwardness with their own, they were super polite to Mom, asking how she was.

After the pleasantries, Wyatt gave me a look of concern, "Edith, West isn't here?"

"What? No."

"West? He's not here with you?" Wyatt asked me, seriously again, "you haven't seem him?"

I shake my head, "No I haven't." My stomach churned. It wasn't good that any of us were separated. "Why- I thought he'd be with you?"

Theo cursed.

"Jared," I said quickly, thinking a mile a minute. "He'll know! Jared knows where those rogues are."

Wyatt nodded in agreement, "I'll get the car ready."

"I'm coming with you," I told him, but first thing was first. I turned to Mom. "Mom, you can't be here where they know where you are." I handed Mom my keys. "You remember where Penelope lives?"

Mom nodded, looking at me slightly confused. "Where are you going? Edith?"

"You'll be fine. Just go to Penelope's and-" I dig up my phone, calling Penelope and hand it to my mom. "Don't go anywhere else."

"Edith, where are you going?"

I couldn't handle Mom caring about me. Did she really care? She didn't all these years ago. Of course she did care. I couldn't think about this any more. West took priority.

Clearing my throat I said, "Mom. Go."

She stared at me for a second, and nodded once, going outside without questioning me.

Once I got in the car with Wyatt and Theo, Theo turned to me, "What happened to your place?"

Wyatt frowned, regarding me. "Are you alright Edith?"

"No," I closed my eyes for a second, taking a deep breath. I just figured out who potentially murdered my dad and now my mate is kidnapped. And my mom who hasn't spoken to me in years is now acting like nothing happened. Oh yeah, I also challenged my psychotic uncle in order to become Alpha. "But we have to get West first."

XXXX

Jared was where we thought: his dorm room, trying to listen to some music before he was surprised seeing us.

Theo grabbed Jared by the neck, slamming him up against the wall.

"Are you the one who told the where West is?" Theo demanded.

"I-I wouldn't," Jared choked out. Theo's hand tightened.

"Where are they?" Theo growled out, on the verge of shifting completely.

"I'll show you," Jared said, making Theo let him go. Jared held his throat, and looked up at me.

"Don't look at her," Wyatt warned, bending down. "You're going to show us where the rogues are. I've already requested back up."

"Who?" Theo asked, not liking the idea.

"My grandfather."

I raised an eyebrow. Who was that?

"The king of vampires," Theo muttered. "Did you have to?"

XXXX

Damien Stryder, the king of vampires, was scolding his grandchild. This is after he hugged him and doted on him. Then the scolding happened. It was a bit funny because Wyatt had his head down, even though he was taller than his grandpa. Theo shrugged like this was normal- I would think it would've been totally normal for West growing up.

"Hi Grandpa," Theo waved when Damien greeted him after being done with Wyatt . I felt small near such a powerful being.

"Who is this?" The king of vampires is looking at me now with his onyx colored eyes.

Oh no.

"Uh," was all I could say, starstruck.

"Edith," Wyatt interjected. "She's..." Wyatt trailed off, looking at me for help, and I respected him for not wanting to give out anything if I didn't want to.

It felt nice saying the truth, "I'm West's mate."

Wyatt looked surprised I said it, and Damien gave me a huge smile, looking only the slightest bit less intimidating.

Color me surprised when he envelopes me in a hug.

"You call me Grandpa. You are part of my family." Damien turned to Wyatt. "Why didn't I know about this? Your parents didn't tell me."

"Yeah... they don't know," Wyatt answered slowly.

"Seems as though they don't know a lot of things when it comes to what you guys are doing," Damien started again, but more in a teasing tone and less scolding.

"Sorry, I just wanted to keep it between us," I told him. "He shouldn't have to hide it." I didn't realize how much family and friends West had that loved him and would love to know if he found his mate or not. I took that away from him. Not anymore. I was done hiding from Silas.

Damien nodded at me, and I saw no judgement coming from his eyes. It was as though he knew the reasoning, or suspected this, but didn't say anything. His attention shifted to Jared, who looked like he was going to die on the spot.

"Tell us, Jared," Damien began, crossing his arm, and looking ever bit intimidating as one could. "Where these rogues are. Because when I find them, I am going to handle them myself. Personally."