Chapter 8- EDITH

Please vote, comment and share if you like this chapter! Thank you all for reading. 

Enjoy~ 

.

.

.

Blaine is staring at me. 

We're both in the parking lot of the school.

"What?" I asked him, sighing as we were on our way to school. I had to tell him soon. Just so he could understand.

"West Stryder is your mate?"

"Yeah." I cleared my throat. "You asked me that for the third time now, Blaine."

Blaine shook his head vehemently. "And he's not...angry at you?"

"Uh....no?" Why would he be angry?

"Edith, Alpha males do not like being rejected. You know this. I'm surprised he's not harboring any bad feelings to you. They'd usually get angry and go ape crazy at you. But he's not. In fact, it looks like he wants to be friends." 

"Don't you see a problem here? We shouldn't be friends!"

"You're not getting it!" Blaine insisted. "I'm telling you he might be different."

I rolled my eyes. "He's a football player for crying out loud. How different can that be?"

"Hey, don't judge the guy. He's helps me out a lot."

I hold back my tongue. "I know that."

"He's actually a really great guy."

How many times am I going to hear that? "And?"

"So that sucks what you're doing to him," Blaine answered, annoyed.

"You're right," I agreed quietly. "But it's either this or flat our reject him. I know you like him. I know everyone in the entire school likes him. I have to do this because I don't- if I-" I couldn't finish it. What would someone like him say when he figured out about Silas? How Silas beat Blaine and I almost to death while we're growing up? How Blaine and I managed to survive this far? How I'm weak for living under his rule for this long? How if Silas figures out I have a mate...I don't want to think about it. The thought gives me too much anxiety.

"Besides, I don't even care."

Blaine gave me a smirk. "Sure, if you didn't care, you would have rejected him from the start. I know you're denying this so much you believe it now, but you do care. It's nice to have someone there for you. I know West will be there for you because that's what kind of a personality he has."

"But Silas."

"Silas can get buried 6 feet under," Blaine seethed, no love for his father. "If there's one thing in your life you should be happy about, it's your freakin' mate. Don't let him take that away from you." Don't let him take away one of my chances at true happiness? He already did. There's no time for mates when I have a pack to take back. "Why can't you just go for it? Go for your happiness? It's all I want from you, Edith."

That's the thing about Blaine and I: we both want the best for each other, and we both will sacrifice everything for each other. I know we're cousins, but I told him a long time ago he's my younger brother. And Blaine told me he wants to protect his older sister.