Chapter 10- EDITH

Thank you all for voting/commenting. It means a lot.

Who's POV do you guys like better?

Enjoy!

.

.

.

Once my godmother Ava leaves, it's only West and I alone. Waiting for him as he got yelled at my the principal made me think of what I was going to tell him- he didn't need to do that. West made it seem as though Jared was some discarded clothes instead of a future Alpha.

 I thought for sure he would get into trouble, but seeing my godmother again- it's been so long. She told me she sent me letters, and how she couldn't enter my pack- it was all Silas. I remember getting birthday cards all the time from her, at least like five hundred dollars and a bunch of toys.

That was so long ago, memories I buried deep inside. There were happy moments in your childhood you longed for so much that thinking about it hurts. Thinking about the time I spent over at Noctis Luna hurt because they were good. Bits and pieces came to me, and it's interesting how West doesn't even remember me. I kind of remember him and his twin. 

"Did he..." West rubbed the back of his neck. "Did he ever hurt you before?"

I shook my head, "Oh gosh no."

"I hope you didn't get into trouble with your mom."

West laughed, "Nah, once my mom figured out it was her goddaughter, her entire stance changed. I probably was going to get disowned."

"Sorry," and I meant it. West cocked an eyebrow at me.

"Like you weren't go to throw a punch at Jared the jerk."

"Yeah, and you stopped me then you punched him." I shook my head, trying not to smile at the absurdity of it. West surprised me, and I didn't like that. Not one single bit. I'm trying my best to dislike him.

After West punched Jared, I saw West going for the kill. Stepping in front of him, I only used two words: please don't. Something snapped within him and he stepped back, never looking away from me before the principal broke things up. Jared was in the school community hospital currently, still unconscious.

"Well yeah, he insulted my mate," West said matter of fact. 

We stared at each other for a moment. 

"West!" a feminine voice called out, and I recognized her as Abby from cheerleading. She was with another guy whose eyes narrowed when he saw West and I together.

"Word on the street is that you got into a fight," the guy said as they drew closer. "Without me."

West rolled his eyes, "Theo, it wasn't planned or anything."

The guy, Theo shrugged, "Well I still feel left out." Him and Abby both stood on different sides of West.

Abby's green eyes slid to me. "Why are you here?" Her posture screamed stiff and uncomfortable. As if I was the one intruding on her time with West.

"I was just leaving," I replied, faking a smile. 

"We heard West was defending someone- don't tell me he actually did," Abby accused me. "Don't tell me you're the reason why West might get suspended." She wrapped her arm around West in a almost possessive kind of way.