Chapter 40- EDITH

2400+ words............whew. ENJOY!

Please vote/comment- as always motivation for me to write. (Because I only do it for you guys that always vote and comment)

.

.

.

"Wash those dishes even faster, and I'm sure you're going to break some kind of health code."

Penelope and Blaine decided to bother me at work. Which meant make fun of me. And my customer service persona.

"Well we know who she's wanting to see," Blaine grinned at Penelope.

"Oh she likes likes him."

"Penelope, isn't there something more productive you can be doing?" I asked her sweetly because the only other person here was some elderly human woman who was sleeping while sitting up. How this woman did it, I do not know. But I needed that talent.

"Actually, no."

I groaned, looking at the clock. Penelope wasn't wrong. I was totally waiting to see West again. What had I turned into?

"Maybe I won't see him...." I mulled over. 

"No!" both Blaine and Penelope exclaimed.

He did text me when I was going to save him from Wyatt and Theo which made me smile. 

"Are you guys good?" I asked, looking at Blaine who nodded. 

"Penelope is making me her servant, but that's fine," Blaine said.

"We're good," Penelope said.

"I haven't been hanging out with you guys much lately," I feel guilty.

Blaine smiled at me. "I think we both get enough of you."

"Way too much, " Penelope agreed. "We like to see you out of your comfort zone."

"She's making friends too," Blaine said.

"I'm right here you guys," I tell them,  but smile.

"Look out our gal, all grown up. Going to her man."

XXXX

The one who opened the door and shouldn't be standing up was a half naked West. His face brightened when he saw me, and the ever present goofy grin flitted across his face. 

"Hi," he greeted me, still in front of the door blocking it and not moving to let me in. He drank my entire being in.

"Hey," I did a lame small wave, a thrill went over me at the way he was looking at me. Seriously- what was wrong with me? There had to be something in the water. The mate bond was strong, I'll give it that. Too strong.

Theo popped from under West's arm, and he gave me a devilish smile, "Well West don't hog your mate, we're here too. How are you doing?"

"Fine thank you," I replied honestly.

"Come in," Wyatt chimed in from the back. 

"That means move, you idiot," Theo said to West, who was still gazing at me. I cleared my throat as West made a face when Theo pushed him. "Oh sorry did I hurt you?" Genuine concern was on Theo's face, making me step forward to see why West was hurting.

West grimaced, touching his back, in pain. "Ah, I think I need to sit down."

"I'm so-" Theo stopped when West couldn't hold it anymore and started laughing. "I am so sorry you're such a big baby."