Chapter 21- WEST

Thanks everyone for reading! Please leave a comment and vote! Motivation is key 

.

.

.

Dragging Theo out of the cafeteria room wasn't something I wanted to do everyday.

All along the way he wanted to keep beating Jax up. 

Jax, with the bloody nose and face.

Jax, the one who's arm is crossed in front of me right now because we had to scram before Principal Greer saw me in between a fight. Again. Yeah, that wouldn't be a good look at all. I couldn't get in trouble again because my parents would kill me.

Theo couldn't get in trouble because Alpha Grayson and Aunt Julia would fillet him for breakfast.

Somehow, some way I managed to get Theo to shift and run it out and Abby was right- the only one who could stop Theo was me. It took some extra physical strength to literally drag my best friend outside, but it worked magically.

I sat on the teacher's desk in one abandoned classroom, Maddox being really still in the far corner as if any sudden movement from Jax would cause him to panic. He got the brunt of the trying to stop the fight, but if either one of them had hurt Maddox, I'd kill them. No one hurts Maddox. 

But Jax and Theo hitting each other? Them I could handle. They fought and bickered. Everyone fought and bickered with Theo. It was normal.

"What happened between you two?" I asked Jax, the next culprit. Trying to see what between what transpired. Fighting at school was stupid. 

I'd know.

Later on, I'd speak with Theo to see why he would take a swing at Jax, but I wanted to hear it from Jax's perspective.

"I don't know," Jax's tone held no friendliness. "He's crazy."

Couldn't argue with that. My best friend is kind of crazy. His dad, Alpha Grayson, was also on the crazy side and a bit notorious. I think that's settled down once he had children, but Theo is a wild child. He's a complete daredevil and would do anything that bought out an adrenaline rush like skydiving or jumping off cliffs for fun. Crazy as he was,  he'd never hit one of his friends unless provoked.

"Yeah something must have happened," I sighed. "So tell me or I'll just get it from Theo. But I do want to get both sides of the story."

Silence.

So we're going this route then. I could be here all day.

"I might have kind of told him to hit me if he wasn't a coward," Jax admitted, finally after a long stretch.

I glanced at Maddox. Of course. What else could it be?

"Well then," I sighed. 

Maddox signed, I think it's about Abby.

"Abby?" I ventured out loud. Jax looked up sharply at me.

"Don't," Jax warned, getting up, shaking his head. "Just....don't."

XXXX

After pup number two got calm- well, as long as he wasn't going to pick any more fights- I needed to check pup number one.

Even though I knew I missed class, looking up for my friends were more important. Pretty sure I could say something to one of the teachers about taking care of myself. Or whatever. If they even cared which most of them did. Alpha Heidi did a good task in looking up the best wolves to be teachers.