Chapter 47- WEST

Sorry for the long delay. This chapter went fifty different ways, but I just opted this one for now some calm. Hope to update quicker next chapter....

Vote- Comment- Share! 

Always love to hear from you guys.

.

.

.

"Say it again."

Edith paused inspecting the air conditioner which was unnaturally cold for some reason, and shot me a look which made me grin even bigger.

"Please???" I clasped my hands together, getting up from the bed, walking towards her. She took a step back, and raised an eyebrow at me.

"I need to take a shower and you need to take one too." Edith pointedly scrunched up her nose at me, looking up and down.

"You're saying I stink?" I asked, appalled. Not her though - a calming vanilla infused lilac scent I could never get over. "You definitely do not need a shower."

Edith sighed, checking outside the window and crossed her arms.

Reggie gave us some spare clothes that were on hand- t-shirts and sweatpants.

The clothing swallowed Edith up, "I'll need a new pair of clothes soon."

"I think you'd look beautiful wearing a trash bag."

"Are you comparing this to a trash bag?" Edith gestured to her huge clothing, but I could see her smile breaking out. 

After telling me everything- I was pissed off, happy and then pissed off again- Edith seemed to relax around me even more. My anger is brewing within me, but having Edith with me eased the resentment.

Because if I ever saw Silas myself, I'd let Salvatore take over in a blink of an eye. Silas would be dead in a blink of an eye. Literally.

I chuckled, "My cue to leave and take a shower." I walked towards the door, biting my tongue not to make some corny let's shower together joke because Edith would 100% not let me back in the room again. And just thinking about Edith taking a shower, I swallowed hard almost sprinting out the room, my hand on the knob, ready to take a cold shower before I froze hearing her voice.

"I love you," Edith stated simply and so easily, creating an ever greater ache in my chest. Her deep dimples pop out and I'm already walking back to her, like a magnet. The mate bond deepening, her scent driving myself and Salvatore in a craze.

 She definitely looks at me differently. I don't know how much happier I can feel about it. 

"Oh yeah?" I smiled down at her, almost towering over her as I wrapped my arms around her waist, wanting to drown in those dark brown eyes. I don't think I'd ever get tired of her saying it to me because the thrill of her saying her true feelings is like some kind of aphrodisiac.

She bites her lip, and ducks in my chest, embarrassed.  "You make me feel like I can do anything. You make me feel safe, more than I ever have in a long time."

"Serenity," I told her, and she leaned back, looking up at me. "You make feel serene and calm because -" I lifted my hand to my head, pointing to my temple- "I have so much noise in here constantly but whenever I see you, your entire presence calms me. Actually calms crazy Salvatore down."