Chapter 6- EDITH

Hey readers I'd like to know how you guys think of this story so far! 

It'll be nice to know if I'm doing something right or wrong. Personally, I love writing this. I have at least 50 drafts on file right now haha....but YOU guys motivate me to update. So the more votes and comment the faster I write. It's science or something. 

Enjoy ~

.

.

.

There are a few things in this world that scared me. Losing those I loved. Not being strong enough to challenge Silas for the pack. And spiders.

Customers at the coffee shop I worked at weren't scary. Humans were, at most, an annoyance.  Sometimes their drink orders scared me- how can someone be okay with drinking that much sugar?

This woman in front of me stared at the menu for a long while. I knew there was only 10 drink items on the menu, but she's been standing there for at least 15 minutes.

My smile could only hold for so long.

"Hmmm....." this woman with long blonde hair and big red lips squinted at the menu for the hundredth time. "I think I'll just go to Starbucks."

Just like that, Joe's Coffee Shop lost a customer.

"Edith, you can leave now," my manager, Jerry said. He was a plump short human who tried his best to make everyone happy. In truth, I loved this job. I worked until night- 11 PM and Jerry and my other co-worker Linda closed until 1 AM- something I couldn't do now that I go to school. No matter what though, I needed the money. It wasn't like anyone was going to give me money. Whatever funds my father had, Silas took for himself. Whatever funds my mother had, is gone. The apartment is on my territory and already paid for- excluding electricity and water. Then there was food, internet, and any clothes I wanted to buy. In a month, for utilities and food was around 200 dollars. Joe's paid me a little more than minimum wage plus the small tips that I got. I paid for all the necessities and anything that Blaine needed too.

This had been such a long shift.

 I walk inside the back to clock out and on my way out, grab an iced coffee for Blaine and say goodbye to Jerry and Linda.

The best part of working was that it was only a 15 minute walk from my apartment. I loved to walk at night where it was quiet and where I could reflect on the day. It was my favorite time of the day.

As I walked deeper into the woods, holding my iced coffee, I sensed the two wolves Silas had to always keep a watch on me. On my mom.  Angrily, I walked to the door, pulling out my keys as I got near the apartment. I opened the door and was greeted by Blaine watching TV on my couch.

"Hey," I greeted, double locking the door and releasing a breath I didn't know I had.

"How was work?" Blaine asked me, his eyes glancing at me.

"Humans suck," I handed him his iced coffee. "The usual."

"If I wasn't so addicted to caffeine, I think I'd be addicted to wolfsbane," Blaine joked.

I shot him a dark look. Wolfsbane was the hard core drug for wolves- or any supernatural being. It messed us up in the worst possible way. When wolves got addicted, they turned more into a rabid wolf that can't control themselves. Usually, they'd shift and kill humans or anyone in their way. I wouldn't know why wolves loved it. From the little I heard, it was a nice high, but in the end it made you rabid.