Chapter 7- WEST

Thank you everyone for voting/commenting! You guys are the best! Keep it up :)

ENJOY!

.

.

.

Having friends that are always on your case can be exhausting. That's why when you keep a secret for the benefit of everyone, it's really hard. I thought I would keep what I was about to do to myself, but I was caught when I took the pen and wrote my name on the sign in sheet. 

Abby is the one who caught me. It wasn't like I was going to make a big deal out of it, but I was going to try out. 

"Soccer?" Abby's voice reached to screeching now. 

"Abbes, if I get in, I get in-"

"Like your grades can't suffer enough!" My good mood turned bad. Abby probably saw my mood shift and tried to reconcile what she just said, "West I'm sorry you know-"

"I get it," I give her a tight smile, closing my locker and adjusting the books on my hand. "I really do- but can't I do this thing that I want?"

Abby blinked at me. "Of course, but West you said you'll join the football team and it's just so random. I don't get why you don't just play football."

"For me or for you?" I asked.

"For both of us because you can't play soccer. It's ridiculous."

"No, it's really not, and I'm going to try out. If I get in, I'm joining the team." With that, I walked past her because I don't think I can talk to her any longer. If at least one of my friends would be so kind to support this decision, it'd be appreciated. But all of them think I can't do it, and think that football is better.

"Have you ever played soccer in your life?" Abby called out.

"Nope."

XXXX

I'm dreading lunchtime.

Abby is most likely mad at me, and she most likely told our friends. Which means I'm going to get a lot of crap for it.

Maddox was out of school today, so I couldn't walk with him to lunch. I think he'd understand out of everyone my decision. So maybe it wasn't necessarily for me per se, but it was something I needed to do. Wanted to do. 

Theo texted me to meet outside. As I'm walking towards the courtyard entrance, I spotted my twin sitting down and leaning on a tree holding a sketchpad. For a second, our eyes met across the large courtyard, and he turned down his head, continuing on sketching.

I huffed, knowing I probably looked like a petulant child. My twin is still ignoring me. I feel like demanding to know why he's ignoring me. I feel like he won't answer me. And I feel helpless in this situation and frustrated. My parents for sure don't know we're not talking because they'd make us talk it out.

Wyatt is the one good with girls. In fact, they loved him. He was sweet and sensible. Everything I'm not. Everything my mate would probably love. But Wyatt could help me. He would've.

"Yo! West!" Theo hollered at me at the school entrance next to Jax. "Is it true? Abby is having a field day!"

I internally groaned. Was it too late to make a run for it?

"Yeah West. Soccer?" Jax's mouth twisted into a yikes.

"Seriously? Why does everyone care this much?" I asked them both as we entered the school, walking towards the cafeteria.