Chapter 24- EDITH

Vote, comment and share please! Thanks to everyone I appreciate it xoxo

.

.

.

Dad was speaking with the big scary wolves on the table. I woke up from a bad dream, by the open doorway where they were all meeting. The Beta, Griff, let me in. Dad's arms opened up for me, smiling at me. He wasn't just a few seconds ago. But to me, he was always smiling. I grabbed onto him, clinging to him. His familiar scent washed over me and I knew that if he was there, nothing bad could ever happen.

I woke up with start.

I picked up my phone on my night stand next to me, and checked the time.

Shoot. My ten minute nap took five hours.

My muscles were a little sore from working out too much. Blaine pestering me about taking it easy. I stretched a little, realizing that my nap didn't make me feel any better. I was just so tired. Exhausted from everything. School, work and training. 

Getting off my bed, I checked on Mom. The lump on the blanket signaling that she was there. Sleeping. As usual.

I missed talking to her. We could talk about anything. I used to talk about everything with Dad. With Mom, she was this bright light that's dimmed. There's nothing of her. I'm not enough for her to get up and start to live. 

That's what having a mate does for you.

XXXX

"I missed you," she whispered to him.

"I missed you more," he said to her.

I couldn't take anymore of this. I stood up from the bleachers. "Hold up. Wait one second."

Penelope stopped reading the book.

"It's just getting to the good part," Penelope complained, but she put the book down.

"They literally just saw each other yesterday-" I'm flabbergasted. "People eat this up?"

"Humans do, yeah," Penelope shrugged.

"T-this is only the fourth chapter of the book!"

Penlope gave me a look that read I was either too stupid or too naive of this world. Probably both. "Ah, Edith. How you can experience such a great love yet you do not pursue it."

"Okay stop talking like that," I tried to fight back my smile.

Undeterred, Penelope continued with her cringe dialogue, "The way that your mate looks at you makes a thousand doves sing. The way you deny him makes it hard to watch as his eyes only are to you and his heart belongs to you as you do him. Alas, this is what your mate is for."

"Thanks Penelope, I really needed that. Got me a reality check," I said.

"Homecoming."

"Penelope," I groaned. She wasn't dropping it, was she?

"Do you even love me?"

I pointed my finger at her, "Don't use that on me."

"If you loved me. You would go."

"P."

"I will have no one to go with not even my bestest friend!"

"You have so many friends," I brushed off. It was true, Penelope was a magnet for everyone liking her no matter what. She just uplifted you and raised your spirits. "I'm pretty sure many asked you out."