Chapter 16- EDITH

Surprise update! 

Please leave a vote and comment if you liked this chapter! Means everything to me and more motivation! Show some love pleaaase.

.

.

.

"I think West knows my weakness."

Penelope stopped looking at the clothing rack and met my eyes. "Your fear of spiders?"

"Chocolate cake?" Blaine asked, sipping his coke.

"No- not-" I sighed. Maybe I had many weaknesses, but this particular one was my number one top comfort food. "Cheeseburgers."

 "Is that the only reason you went on the date with him?"

"Wha- it wasn't a date!" I huffed. "I simply took an offer for free food. And cheeseburgers."

"It was a date." I glared at Penelope who winked at me. She looked at the top I was holding and considering to buy. She nodded at me approvingly. "I'm so glad that you're friends with me because obviously my high fashion rubbed off on you." 

  "What do you think happened to Jared?" Blaine asked. "You didn't do anything and West didn't do anything." Something felt off about Jared's disappearance.  

"Who cares," I shrugged. As long as I didn't get in trouble or framed for his disappearance. 

"You're right," Blaine sighed, glancing at Penelope who was out of hearing. "It's for the better he isn't here."

After the shopping trip, with Penelope probably buying the whole entire mall,  I focus solely on training with the treadmill, push-ups and currently the punching bag.

As I'm on my two hundredth punch, "You're overworking yourself again," Blaine's voice comes from behind me. More. I take a deep breath, not wanting to worry my cousin anymore. "It's late, Edith you should get some sleep. We have school tomorrow."

Right. School. Like that's even important. But if I missed school days then the Elder Alphas will have a problem with that, and we can't have a problem in this picture perfect pack or else Silas might do some real damage to the ones I loved.

"I'll come- just one more-" then I collapse, but Blaine is already holding me, concerned. But this is the only way. There is no other way to train. I have to get stronger than him."I have to work hard," I gritted my teeth, blood was coming out of my knuckles, but I was so helpless. What if I did gain Alpha, but Silas decides to Challenge me? He had years of experience on me. Years. Almost 30 more years than me. "Because I have no other choice."  

XXXX

Jared came into the school on the last day of the week, and there were whispers of him trying to run away from his home life, with a human, but the way that Jared's demeanor was as if there was someone out to get him made me pity him. But then I remembered how much of a huge piece of filth he was. Maybe he deserved whatever he got. He wasn't talking to anyone like he usually was- loud and obnoxious. Now he was purposefully alone. Isolated.

There was one instance in the day where he and I met him face to face and I froze for a quick second, up close I could see that he was sporting a black eye along with a bandage on his jaw. Jared glanced past me, looking at someone and touched his jaw faintly, like a reminder. Front the scent, I could tell it was West. I glanced back, and his molten amber eyes were trained on Jared. From the menacing and too hostile way West was looking at Jared, I thought if Jared did something, West would knock him out again in school. No matter the consequence.