Chapter 17- WEST

This is personally one of my favorite chapters. Please vote and comment! Let me know what you think!

Your support means a lot to me to continue ❤❤

.

.

.

Theo smirked at me.

I cracked my knuckles.

Jax in between.

Maddox was passed out on the couch. 

I don't blame him because it's Sunday night-well, technically Monday morning at 2 AM in the dorms and we were in the kitchen. Because Theo told me he was a better cook than me.

Of course, I had to challenge him to cook off. To see how much better I was than my best friend. The dorm kitchen has a small table in the middle, and one large counter that had a stove top, microwave and an extended island that Jax was sitting on, watching us as there were ingredients such as spaghetti, chicken and broccoli laid out for us to use. He bought pots and pans from his own dorm that he uses for temporary use.

The thing was, neither Theo or I really did cook much. We got by with cafeteria food most of our lives, or personal chefs from our packs. It made both of us uncomfortable about the privilege we had- which made me think back at my mate- but how hard was cooking anyways? We both thought we could best the other.

"Let's get started Chef West," Jax chuckled.

"Has a nice ring to it," I said, looking at Theo. "Unlike someone."

"Let's have at it," Theo clapped his hands.

Jax hopped out off the counter. "Okay, so I'm going to go with something very simple. I think it won't be too much for you guys, so I want a pasta dish."

"Aighty," Theo nodded.

Taking the pot I was going to boil my pasta in, I added my linguini and decided that I should boil the brocolli in the same water so I can conserve water.

"What is that?" Jax asked me. "Are you really boiling both of them? At the same time?"

"I'm full of innovations."

"More like crap," Theo taunted me, and as soon as he touched the pasta water, smoke and flames went on, and the fire alarm sounded.

"THEO!" Jax yelled out as the sprinkler system went on, and the fire alarms were blaring, too much to handle for us werewolves. "HOW CAN YOU BURN PASTA WATER?"

"It just happened," Theo rubbed his forehead. I turned off everything from the stove, and went to wake up Maddox to evacuate. Maddox was in his sleepy state- he didn't even notice the fire alarm blaring.

The four of us exited the dorm with a bunch of confused wolves wondering how there was a fire at 2 AM.

"All I wanted to do was sleep!" one wolf whined.

Jax and I gave each other wry smiles. "Shut it," Theo growled at Jax and I.

"Didn't even think about saying anything," Jax raised both his hands. "Although, I think West wins this one." 

Maddox signed to us, I just wanted to sleep. 

XXXX

Sometimes Theo and I don't make the best of decisions like having a cook off at 2 AM, getting the fire department involved because of the fire alarm, and sleeping at 5 AM and waking up an hour and a half later because we forgot we had soccer practice bright Monday morning.