St. Patrick's Day Dilemma

(Niall's P.O.V.)

            It's St. Patrick's Day! One of my favorite days of the year. I already had an awesome night planned with the lads. It basically involved eating and drinking all day long. This is basically what happened every year. My girlfriend Y/N was pretty use to it at this point in our relationship. It was almost noon and I was waiting on Liam to come pick me up. Y/N came down the stairs and hugged me from behind.

            "Hey princess," I smiled.

            "You'll be careful tonight right, Nialler?" she asked softly.

            "Of course, you know Liam won't drink much. He'll look after us."

            "Yeah I know, just don't overdo it. Remember last year?" I could barely recall what happened last year. What I do remember was not being able to make it inside the house and throwing up all over the front lawn.

            "Well I don't really remember last year at all," I chuckled feeling a little embarrassed.

            "My point exactly. Just be careful."

            "I will, I promise." I turned around and kissed her. I heard Liam pull into the driveway. "I'll see you later, love." I grabbed my keys and my jacket and walked out the door. I got into Liam's car and shut the door.

            "Ready Irishman?" Liam asked.

            "Always." I looked back towards the house and saw Y/N standing in the doorway. I knew she was worried about a repeat of last year, whatever happened last year. But all I could think about was the great time I was going to have with my mates.

            "We're meeting Harry and Louis at the first pub. We'll go from there," Liam explained.

            "This is going to be sick!" I cheered throwing my head back.

            "Hope it's not as sick as last year," Liam smirked.

            "You know Y/N made a similar comment when I left. I don't remember what happened last year."

            "Here I'll remind you. You got plastered drunk, you threw up in the pub, then on the street, then in Harry's car, then again on your front lawn. Y/N was sure you had alcohol poisoning and she was terrified." I felt pang of guilt go through my chest. Guess that explains why she was so nervous.

            "Man, I don't remember much of any of that," I sighed.

            "Hey don't worry about it. We're going to have a good time," he said as he playfully punched my arm.

            "You're right, I'll just be more careful this year," I reply with a smile.

            "Exactly, we'll make sure you don't go overboard." I sat there with a smile on my face. This was going to be a great day.

            We met Harry and Louis at the first of many pubs we planned on visiting that day. We wasted no time getting inside and ordering some food and drinks. Liam had already agreed to be the responsible one so he didn't drink. We sat there for a few hours eating greasy bar food and drinking several pints of beer.

            "So Nialler, what's Y/N think about you going out tonight?" Louis asked with a slight grin.

            "She was a little nervous, Liam filled me in on what happened last year so I really can't blame her."