A college life for me

Niall sat at his desk with his laptop in front of him. He vigorously typing away his research project that was due in a few weeks. He wasn't paying attention when his roommate Louis walked through the door.

"Oi, Niall you going to the party tonight?" Louis asked as he kicked off his shoes. Niall didn't even hear him. All his focus was on his paper. Louis walked up behind him quietly before lifting his arms just above Niall's shoulders. He slammed his hands down on Niall's shoulders causing him to jump backwards almost falling out of the chair. Louis roared with laughter while Niall regained his bearings.

"Jesus Louis," Niall huffed fixing his shirt after jumping.

"You didn't even hear me lad, you going to this party tonight?"

"What party?" Niall asked returning to typing.

"The party in the junior housing! Everyone is going to be there," Louis explained excitedly.

"We're freshmen Lou, we won't get in," Niall replied very matter of fact like.

"I got us an in," Louis smiled. Niall sighed and sat back in his chair spinning around to face Louis.

"How?"

"You may be focused on school and choir but I play football! One of my older buddies got us in! He said I could bring a friend." Niall rolled his eyes and faced his computer again.

"Then why don't you take a friend Lou," Niall asked dryly.

"Com'on Nialler you're my wingman! I can't go without you!" Louis was practically whining at this point. Niall had no interest in going to this party. It was true, he and his roommate were two totally different personalities. Louis played football and very much ran with the athletic crowd, while Niall sang in the Uni choir and focused very much on school. He came to school on a music scholarship both for his singing and his ability to play guitar for the band.

"You just want me there so I can carry your drunk ass home so you don't get lost," Niall said flatly.

"Exactly, you're the only one I can trust mate." Niall shook his head. "Niall! Don't make me beg!"

"You're already begging Louis. Come on I need to get this paper done."

"Is that the project for Dr. Moore's class?"

"Yes, ten pages. I want to get it done."

"That's not due for three weeks Niall. What's one night?" Niall once again shook his head.

"No Louis." Louis huffed and stomped his foot. Then he smiled and leaned down close to Niall's ear.

"Harry is going to be there," he whispered. Niall's face instantly got red and a chill went down his spine. He spun around in his chair.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Niall shot back defensively.

"Niall, come on. You're face turns into a tomato whenever someone says his name. You're really bad at hiding your feelings." Niall hid his face in his hands feeling his stomach knot up with embarrassment. "Hey," Louis said gently. He took Niall's hands from his face. "You know I won't say anything. But what's it going to hurt if you go? Maybe you'll actually talk to him."

"You know I can't do that Louis," Niall said softly dropping his eyes to the floor.

"You two are the best singers at this school. You're going to end up singing together, or have leading roles in the musicals. You've got to learn to talk to him." Louis was a pain in the ass but he had a point this time. "Com'on Nialler."