Broken.

Hey guys! I’m updating a little early cause I thought it would be nice to treat you guys for all the votes I got in the last twenty-four hours?

 i guess some of you guys didn’t get my a/n to leave your twitter users down below so I why don’t you guys just follow me on twitter @LetsBMelancholy

 Hope everyone had a good Valentines Day!

 CAUTION: At This Point In The Book There Is Some Very Deep Issues Going On So If You Have Any Self-Harm Issues That May Be Triggered By The Topic Of Any Self-Harm, Please Do Not Read This Cause Some Parts May Be Triggering. I Do Not Want Anyone To Be Hurt At My Fault.

Chapter 28.

Three Days Later

“She’s not doing so well, Becky. No, she refuses to eat anything, and she doesn’t get out of bed for anything besides the bathroom.” My father’s voice quivers before he speaks again. “He broke her. I can’t lose her, too.”

I can’t bear to listen to my dad talk right outside of my bedroom door. I roll over in my bed and face the open window. It three in the afternoon and all is quiet in my mind, yet so loud. I’ve finally rid myself of tears after three days, yet the pain still hasn’t left.

“You haven’t talked to…” I hear him take a few steps from the door, but his distance isn’t far enough and I can still hear the name roll of his lips. “…Andy yet?”

Squeezing my eyes close I will my brain to think of something else, anything, before his face pops into my head. It’s too late and the tears I thought were gone forced themselves to my eyes. Placing my hands over my eyes I start to shake and let out a cry of pain.

It hurts so much.

Four Days Later

I feel as if there is a hole in my stomach as big as the one in my heart, cause there can’t possibly be a hole the size of the one in my heart. A whole so big it consumes my every thought, sucking me in deeper and deeper into nothing.

As I lay in bed I wonder if it will ever be fixed, patched up and complete again. I wonder if Andrew’s words were all just a lie or something to get my hopes up, only for them to be crushed.

A knock interrupts my thinking, thank God. Becky pokes her head in a smiles a toothy grin that doesn’t reach her eyes at all. She takes in my appearance and swallows before speaking.

“Brought some Chinese food, cause I know you love it so much. Look I even brought magazines! And books…” her words fade as I turn my back on her and close my eyes again. I just want to be alone right now. I just want everyone to just leave me alone. Like Andy, leave me just like Andy.

Andy.

I dig my nails into my thigh to keep control of my tears, a mechanism I learned after crying yesterday. It works, but I can’t help the tiny squeak that escapes my lips.

The bed dips, and I can feel Becky laying down next to me, wrapping her arms around me.

“It’s okay to cry, Emily. You are only human.” She whispers. Once I let the first tear go, a bunch follow, and I am shaking compulsively in her arms. She is using her good hand to rub my back, which only makes me cry harder.