The Morning After

I guess you can say I've been procrastinating

Then again there's all these finals

And graduation

So I guess you can say I have an excuse.

Seven more chapters left....

Chapter 43

Andy's POV

I haven't slept yet.

How could I sleep when the most illuminating being lies next to me?

It's 5 in the morning, and after experimenting all night, Emily's finally gone to bed. Her dark hair fans around her head like the sun, and the thin hotel sheets only covers the X-rated parts of her body, not that I haven't seen them already.

Last night we didn't have sex, we made love.

And it was so fucking mind blowing.

Emily stirs in her sleep, her hands exploring the spot where I should be. I've moved to the chair by the window, a piece of paper spread out on a clipboard on my lap. The first line to her song still remains alone, but now, a thousand lyrics stir in my head.

"I open my lungs deart

I sing this song at funerals...no rush

These lyrics heard a thousand times, just plush..."

I sing to her as I jot down word after word. As I poster the next line, my phone buzzes on the nightstand next to the bed. Jumping up to grab it so it doesn't wake her up, I hit the answer button and press it to my ear, moving to the bathroom to talk.

"Hello?" My voice comes out a little sharp. It's five in the morning for fucks sake.

"Andy? Is Emily still there?" Ashley.

"Yeah, she's sleeping."

"Did you..."

"Yeah."

"Fuck." He pauses on the other side. "We just hauled a taxi, what hotel are you at? We need to talk?"

"La Quinta. What is there to talk about?"

"Be there in half an hour." He hangs up leaving me slightly pissed. I already know their gonna be on my dick about something, that's all they've been doing lately. I go back out to the bedroom and sit at the end of the bad. Emily's breathing is quiet and peaceful.

"God I love you." I say to a sleeping beauty. Getting up I look for my shirt from the night before and pull on my shoes. Even though they wont get here until thirty minutes, I figure I should probably get her some clothes so she's not walking around in a formal dress all day.

Grabbing the car keys, I make my way to the door hoping she doesn't wake before I get back.

When I pull into the hotel lot thirty minutes later, Jake Jinxx, Ashley and CC are already waiting next to a taxi in the front of the building. I step out of the car with a target bag holding the contents of Emily's new clothes.

"Look what who finally decided to show up!" Jinxx remarks. I smirk and slip off my shades.

"Welcome to my crib, I would invite you in but the Mrs. isn't expecting guest." I joke.

"Could it be? Non-dick Andy is back? How was vacation?" Ashley pats my shoulder.

"Horrible, the sun shined all fourteen days I think I got a tan." I pull my arms out acting as if I'm checking myself out.