Filled to the Brim

Now you can all call me the biggest bitch for not updating when I said I would. You can blame my horrible skill in keeping Schedules! And you can call me a double bitch for writing a somewhat sad excuse for a chapter, it’s a bit of a filler while I brain storm the ending of this book!

On a happy note, we reached 1000 votes thanks to you guys! I do have more project coming up so you guys should stay tuned as this book is coming to an end!
If you want to keep up with all things ‘The Mortician’s Daughter’ be sure to follow my author twitter account @LetsBMelancholy, I don’t have a lot of followers but as long as someone is tuning in, I’m perfectly okay with that!
Due to my lack of updattation I will be 2 times this week, when I’m not exactly sure!

Don’t forget to vote and comment your opinions, they get you more updates more often!

Love you all!

And without further ado

Chapter 35

“He was here Andrew! I saw him with my own eyes, not crazy; I saw him!” I throw open the front door expecting to see only Andrew, but next to him is the infamous Olivia. She looks a little grumpy, but forces a smile across her face when she see’s me. I wonder what went down before they came. I wonder if it was about Haley.

Since arriving home I have not shed one tear, or let one scream out. I have been in total control; I’ve made such progress. Immediately, I called Andrew despite Becky pleas to get some homework down.

“Oh.” My eyes grow big in surprise before they return to their normal form.

“Hi, Olivia!” I am in a surprisingly good mood despite recent events.

“Hey, nice house.” Her voice reeks of no emotion, which makes me really wonder what happened, cause this is not the same Olivia I danced the night away, with.

I force a smile and step to the side. “Come in, it must be cold.”

They stomp their feet before walking into the house. Andrew, who’s been inside more than once stays in one place to talk, while Olivia roams around taking in the houses interior.

“He came?” Andrew asks when I close the door.

“Yes! I saw him and he saw me, and then he left. Again.” I am not mad as I say this, but a feeling of confusion washes over me like a tidal wave. Why did he leave, again? How come I am not kicking and screaming the roof off? Is he coming back?

“And you’re okay?” He lays a hand on my arm grabbing me attention.

“Yeah, I think. I shouldn’t be, but he made it clear he wants nothing to do with me and there’s not much I can do about that. I want to scream and shout, but then again, I don’t.  I don’t know, I figure I don’t want him to have that power over me.”

My conscience tells me I am a damn lie. She thinks I am hanging on a thread, and when no one is around I’ll break. She thinks I’m putting on a show.

Is she right?

I don’t have clue.

“Ashley, he had to have been at the party! I know I saw him, I know I did. I can’t get that much detail into a hallucination. He was there.” I declare with a strong voice. We are walking to the living room now, as I ramble on and on about my discovery.

“So what does this mean, Emily? He left, again, what are you going to do now?” Andrew asks gripping my shoulders. He thinks I’m going to relapse and hurt myself again, hurt everyone else again. I shake my head, my brows furrowing.

“No, I—“ I pause thinking about my next move. I am not kicking. I am not screaming. I am not crying, shaking, or thinking about dying. I am in complete control.

“I am fine.” The corners of my lips quirk up into a small smile. For ounce, I am fine.

“You’re fine?” His brows shoot up in surprise.

“Yep.”

“No tears.”

“None.”

“Not hungry?”

“Belly is filled to the brim.”

“Huh.” Bending down to my level, he looks me eye to eye, searching for any sign of weakness.

“Huh.”

“You’re annoying.” Poking my shoulder, he stands back up and plops himself on the couch, next to a quiet Becky. Olivia makes her appearance now, her eyes still on the interior of my home.

“It’s pretty dark. I kind of like it. Where are your mom and dad?” She asks, running her fingers against the fabric of the couch. I still and stare at her unknowing face. But she understands how it is to loose someone so why am I so afraid of telling her?

“My mom, died a few years ago, and my dad is working right now. So yeah, its just the for of us. This is Becky by the way, my best friend.”

Great you just brought up best friends the same way she brought up mothers.

A look of pain then understanding crosses her face before she recovers and turns to Becky. “Nice to meet you, I’m Olivia, you can call me Olivia.”

Reaching over she shakes Becky’s hand and forces a fake smile across her face. Becky smiles back and returns the gesture. From the corner of my eye I can see the awkward look Andrew is giving me right now.

“And as you all know, I’m Andrew nice to meet you! Let’s grub, even though Emily is apparently filled to the brim. I am starving!”