Chapter Thirty-Seven - Missing

Jenna, Maddie, Kata, Harry, Liam, Niall and Zayn lie on the sofa, the boys cuddeling with their girlfriends. Niall felt like a lonely outsiders. He was alone… He could call Maggie but he didn’t want to act desperate or clingy. He wanted to give her to feel loved but not too much.

He knew how it was if someone was clingy.

Like his last, but secret girlfriend. No-one ever knew about her because they both swore never to tell anyone. Niall would tell Maggie but why should he? It was all in the past, he never thought about her… except for now. Well, this meant nothing. He still was in love with Maggie and nothing could change this.

His heartbeat was irregular, so was his breath rythm. If she’d ever come to see them at a concert he’d probably sing completly wrong. He smirked. It would be so much fun if she could see their concert…

He shook his head and sighed.

Harry and Jenna lie together in a spoon position, Maddie had her head on Zayn’s lap while he stroke her hair and Kata had her head on Liam’s chest while they were – the only ones of them – who were sitting. Niall sighed again, stood up and looked at them. “Going to make some food“, Niall explained.

How Louis and Naks would get along?, he wondered.

For sure they’d enjoy their time. Louis has been waiting for her for long. And if Louis loved a girl he always was serious. Naks really was lucky to have Lou.

Again Maggie popped into his mind. He just couldn’t get rid of her! He tried to because it was heart throbbing not to feel her like he did the past few days. He lived for 18 years without her, so why not today? It was only for three weeks, it should be easy to feel great. He has never been like this – protective, clumsy, clingy. All in one, just because of this one girl.

How could this be possible?

And how did she feel about this?

His heart jumped happily as he thought she might feel the same about him. He smiled bright and put the popcorn into the microwave.  After half a minute he heard the ‘pop‘-sounds and smiled into the microwave as if it was a TV and a very thrilling TV show was on.

He watched the popcorn bag to blow up and smiled everytime it made ‘plop‘ or ‘pop‘. This was kind of funny, but Niall has always been easy to get entertained. Maybe this was why she got him to say yes…

No, he really should stop thinking about her. He was with Maggie.

But now there were two pictures in his head. Maggie and…

He sighed and groaned the same time and opened the microwave at 00:01. Like a boss! He took it out but touched it only with the tip of his fore- and ringfinger and his thumb. With the tips from his other hand he tried to open the popcorn and poured them into an orange bottle.

Enough popcorn for all of them but he felt like grabbing the bowl and going up to his room.

And that’s what he did. He tiptoed up the stairs and locked himself in his room. He put the bowl on the table next to his bed and let himself drop onto the bed. His duvets made a quiet sound as he landed and instantly he felt comfortable. He turned to make some space but then he wondered. Why did he make space? Maggie wasn’t here at all.

He used the entire bed now, like he used to before he shared a bed with her but somehow it felt like it was too big for one person. It was made for one person but king size. He just should walk downstairs again so he didn’t feel that alone but he just didn’t want to.

He looked at his watch. It was almost eight pm but he had no idea what time it was in Austria. Stupid time differences. He was sure she would take the phone because school would start the next day, but still. She probably was busy. And he didn’t want to be clingy.