Chapter Fourty-Three

“Naks, please… wake up…“ Louis couldn’t stop biting his lip as he looked at Naks. Her skin was pale, it wasn’t even normal. Her warm, brown eyes were closed and he would give everything so she would just open them.

He sighed. He wasn’t able to cry anymore, he had been crying for more than twenty-four hours now. He was getting mad, he needed some rest but he wanted to be there when she opened her eyes… If she opened her eyes.

No, no, no, no! She will wake up!, he told himself. There was no other way, she had to. He planted another kiss on her forehead and smiled weakly. Although it wasn’t more than a day he was missing her so badly. He missed her touch.

Yeah, he was holding her hand 24/7 but she didn’t react. And her hand was so cold… her entire body was so cold. He wanted to warm her but he didn’t dare to touch her any further, afraid to hurt her.

She was so vulnerable and he just wanted to protect her. To protect her from everything bad and evil. He sighed again and ran a hand through his hair. It was even messier as usual because he hadn’t even tried to comb it.

His beard was growing and he was glad none of the fans could see him like that. He knew, there were fans out there who only loved them for their looks and although it hurt him a bit he didn’t want to loose one of them either.

He sighed again. He was so frustrated! He had so much money and so much fame but nothing could help him to get Naks awake again. There was nothing he could do about it. He could just sit there and watch her.

A nurse entered to check on her. She filled new liquid in one of the transparent bags so Naks wouldn’t run out of liquid.

She gave Louis a sympathetic smile. “How are you feeling, Mr Tomlinson?” She looked at the plate next to him. It was filled with a bit meat, vegetables and some sauce. “Weren’t you hungry?”

Louis shook his head and looked at his nurse’s eyes. They were full of sorrow. He felt like punching someone. “No, I wasn’t. Thank you”, he said politely. He just wanted to be left alone with Naks. But then he turned around and asked her: “Do you know when Naks would probably wake up…?”

The nurse sighed, too and shook her head. “No, I’m truly sorry, sir. We can’t say anything yet… But, I promise you, we will tell you everything as soon as we know.”

Louis made fists out of his hands. This was no fair! He had met Naks just a few days ago! Nothing serious happened to the others, so why Naks? No!

He felt a hand rubbing his back and looked up at the nurse’s face. “Please, leave me alone”, he begged, suddenly with a sad and broken voice. His powers had left him.

He put his head on Naks’ bed as the nurse left and looked at Naks’ hand. It didn’t move an inch. His lids started becoming heavier. He felt so tired. He wanted to sleep, but he also wanted to be there for Naks in case she would wake up. He knew she wouldn’t wake him up because she was just such a nice person.

But he couldn’t take it any longer and fell asleep.

“As you can see, you coccyx is broken. You left leg is completely smashed and you left arm is broken, too. Your shoulder was dislocated but were unconscious when we repaired it.”

Niall bit his lip and looked down at the left side of his body. No wonder his leg hurt so badly. “So…?”, he asked.

“As you can see on your x-ray”, the doctor said and pointed at some white patches on the picture, “your bone is smashed. We’ll need a surgery, it can’t heal all alone. Your arm can, we’ll put it into a cast and it should be fine in six to eight weeks.”