Chapter Fourty-Seven - Tired

“How are you?“

Maggie sighed. “Niall, could you stop asking me this stupid question? Please? As you can see I’m okay.”

Niall raised an eyebrow at her. He nodded as he gave in. “Alright. What do you want to do today? Jarry called me-“

“Oh my god, don’t tell me you just called Jenna and Harry ‘Jarry’.”

Niall blushed. “Err, what if I did?”

“I won’t tell them but it’s weird.”

“I’m sorry, babe.” He kissed Maggie’s forehead and sat down. “As I just wanted to say, Jenna and Harry called me. They are going on the plane in a few minutes. Liam and Kata will come tomorrow and Zayn and Maddie will stay in Bradford this week.”

Maggie nodded. “Okay. I’m really looking forward to see them again.” She sighed frustrated and touched her bald. She had lost all her hair recently and now she was wearing a red bandana in public. Most of the time she spent at Naks’ house.

She and Naks had become great friends in the last few weeks. That moment the door opened and the Australian girl and her famous boyfriend entered. Their hands were entwined and they smiled happily. “Hey, you’re finally awake!”, Naks said.

Maggie smiled and nodded. “Yeah. What’s the time? I guess I’ve slept the whole day again.” She sighed and sat straight up. She looked at her friends.

“It’s almost half past eleven”, Naks answered after she had looked at her watch. “You should get up now, mom has almost finish lunch.”

Maggie laughed. “Oh my god, I slept too long again.” She removed the blankets from her feet and stood up. Niall bit his lip. He knew his girlfriend lost a lot of weight during the last few weeks but it was still scary to see her skinny legs.

He looked away, he couldn’t look at her like this. He sighed and stood up. Maggie looked at them and they all grinned and left the room.

Maggie went over to a drawer and opened it. She took out a pair of black jeans and a green shirt in XLarge. She didn’t like the way her body looked right now. She hadn’t liked it before because she thought she had too much weight but right now she really fished she looked like her old self again. And with the help of an XLarge shirt she felt better.

She put on some purple sneakers Niall had bought her just lately.

Then she left the room she shared with Naks and went down to the living room. Somehow Louis and Niall had convinced Naks’ parents to let Maggie live in there for the time between her first and next surgery. She only had one so far and the doctors hadn’t told her when her next was set. They hadn’t even told her how her first surgery had gone. She knew nothing and that drove her crazy.

Now there were two beds in Naks’ room and they had added a new room to the house so Niall and Louis had a bedroom, too. And somehow Louis and Harry were the same again. They ‘flirted’ via twitter like they had used to. And they bantered around in the public. Jenna and Naks had no problem about it and the fans didn’t go as mental as they used to. They accepted that both of them had girlfriends and were just best friends. The same thing happened between Niall and Liam again. The friendships between the five of them grew again and that made all the ten of them happy.

“Good morning”, Maggie yawned as she entered the kitchen. Naks’ mom turned around and smiled at her. “Good morning, love. How are you?”

Maggie sighed. “I’m great, thanks.”

“Good. The others are in the dining room, the food is almost done. Are you very hungry?”

Maggie shook her head. “No, I’m not really hungry. I’m satisfied with just a bit.”