Chapter Fouty-Two - Finally

“Mr Horan, we need you for x-ray now”, the nurse said and Niall stood up.

Every move hurt and he bit his lower lip. He didn’t want to show how much it hurt because the nurse knew who he was. “I’m coming”, he said through his teeth and followed the nurse out of the room.

She led him to some dark room and told him to sit down on a chair.

He gasped. For sure his coccyx was broken. Also one of his feet, he could tell. His left, and also his left arm.

“Lay down, Mr Horan”, a male doctor said. He was older, he had already grey hair but his beard still was black.

Niall did as he was told to. He gasped once more. Now that the nurse was gone he wasn’t afraid to show his pain anymore.

“Okay, what hurts?”, the doctor asked.

“Everything”, the blonde Irish admitted. “I can hardly move.”

“Why did you go here by foot, then? The nurse would’ve brought you a wheel chair if you had asked her for.” He hesitated for a second, but then he smiled. “Oh, I see. You didn’t want to act weak, right? Don’t worry, your secret is save with me.”

Niall smiled.

“Okay, Mr Horan, we will do an x-ray now, all over the body because we don’t exactly know what happened to you.”

Niall nodded. “Err… sir? Do you… probably know what has happened to my friends? I haven’t seen one of them since I’m awake.”

“No, I am very sorry, sir.” He gave him a sympathetic smile before he disappeared into another room.

The x-ray apparatus made some scary sounds before he started flashing in a bright green light. Niall had to close his eyes so he wouldn’t get blinded. After a few seconds the whole thing was done and the nurse came back. She led Niall to his room and helped him getting into his bed. Suddenly he saw a figure next to his bed.

“Maggie?”, he asked in surprise.

Maggie smiled weakly before she burst out into tears.

Niall, although he still could hardly move, jumped out of his back to hug her. “What is it?”, he asked shocked.

“What is it?”, she repeated, surprised. “Niall, you were… I thought I came too late! Oh my god, I’m so happy it was just an x-ray!”

Niall sighed in relief. “I’m okay, love. I am okay. But what are you doing here? You should be in school!”

Maggie laughed quietly and tried to bring him back to bed. He shouldn’t be like that. She could see he was hurt bad. Dried blood still was all over his body, his hair seemed dyed in a dirty red and he had thousand of bruises and cuts.

“Do you really think I could stay at home when you’re here? Niall… I couldn’t stand it. I would get mad, not to know if you were okay or not.”

Niall smiled happily. “Oh my god, I can’t believe that I deserve a girlfriend like you. I love you so much, Maggie.” He pulled her close and brought his lips onto hers. “I love you.”

“I love you, too”, Maggie smiled and blushed slightly.

Suddenly her head started pounding and she sighed. She got another headache. She already had one this morning and the moment she got onto the plane.

“Are you okay?”, Niall asked worried.

Maggie laughed. “Niall, who is sitting on the bed? Me or you?”