Chapter Fourty-Six - Awake

Maggie woke up due to the hard pain in her head. She looked around, confusedly and found herself a in a bed in a pastel yellow room. She sat straight up and touched her forehead as if the headache would just fade away.

A nurse entered right away and handed her some more pills. Again Maggie swallowed them without any protest.

She found a remote next to her bed and switched on the TV. The news was on and on the small screen next to the female newsreader was a picture of a damaged car. Maggie turned up the volume.

“… and Zayn Malik are still in hospital. They didn’t cancel their concert yet and one of their singers, Harry Styles is live on the telephone.”

They showed a picture of Harry smiling and soon I could hear his voice: “I talked to my band members today and we decided to make the concert. Zayn, Liam and Louis are hardly harmed. I have a broken hip and Niall has a broken leg so the two of us won’t be able to perform really but we don’t want to disappoint out fans. They’ve waited for this so long now and we just want to show them that we love them.”

Maggie smiled weakly. The boys really were amazing.

“And what about your girlfriends?”, the newswoman asked.

I raised an eyebrow. Also Harry sounded a bit confused to hear that. “Our girlfriends have nothing to do with out performance. Of course we care about them, but it doesn’t mean we need to stay with them 24/7 and take care. They are in hospital and they nurses and doctors are doing a good job.”

“I see. Thank you for the short interview”, the newswoman.

Disgusted Maggie switched it off. Harry did great. It was just the newsreader. They were always like this, that’s what Maggie has already found out. They didn’t seem to realize that celebrities were only human themselves!

The door opened again and Niall entered. Jenna was with him. They looked at the girl in the bed sympathetically and Maggie sighed. “Guys, I am okay, don’t look like that”, she said although her head was still pounding. She hoped the pills would show any effect soon.

“You don’t look okay”, Jenna said and stood uncomfortably next to the bed. She wanted to hug Maggie but she was afraid to hurt her in any way.

Niall bent down to kiss her forehead. “How’re you feeling?”, he asked gently and sat down, lifting his foot on Maggie’s bed just like yesterday.

“Better”, Maggie lied. The headache was worse now but she didn’t show any expression on her face. She just wanted to be happy as long as Niall could be here. “So you’re gonna have a concert tonight?”, she asked and Niall looked at her confused.

“How do you know?”

Maggie pointed at the TV. “That woman was stupid.”

Jenna agreed. “Mine, Kata’s, Maddie’s, yours or Naks’ condition has nothing to do with our boys’ career.”

“Your boys?”, Niall teased and grinned at Jenna. The door opened and Harry rolled in. Yep, he rolled in. He was sat on a wheel chair and smiled. “Good morning, Maggie. How are you?”, he asked softly.

Maggie nodded. “I’m fine. What about you?”

He grinned. “I’m very good, actually! Although I just had a stupid phone convo with one of those stupid newsreaders from Channel-“

“I know, I’ve seen it”, Maggie said.

Harry nodded and placed his wheel chair next to Niall’s chair. “Won’t you sit down, love?”, Harry asked Jenna and she rolled her eyes smiling. She took one of the chairs who were standing in the room and placed it between Niall and Harry. She sat down.