VIII. Let the Games Begin

Chapter 8 it is! How's the story running so far? Please share your thoughts, guys. This chapter's track by the way is Fly by Nicki Minaj feat. Rihanna. (So cool song!)

***Red's POV***

"Are you okay?" I asked Dawn as she again slumped herself on her seat. It's something not normal. Hindi magkakaroon ang isang tigasing tao ng mga ganitong moments of weakness. She seemed trying hard to calm herself and it didn't look successful. 

"Why won't they stop?!" Just as I thought. Her attempt to try to calm herself down was not working. Didn't she have that medicine? 

"May kinalaman ka ba sa pagpatay sa kanya?!" Nagulat ako sa tanong ni Miss Rachel. Ano ba'ng iniisip niya? 

Dawn opened her eyes and she looked pissed by the question. "That's the most stupid question that came out of your mouth, Rachel."

"I know you know something! Baka naman ikaw ang may sala sa lahat ng killings sa school niyo, at kaya ka lumipat dito dahil mahuhuli ka na nila doon?! Next thing we know, namamatay na rin ang mga estudyante ng Monte Carlo!" 

"How dare you accuse me of that!"

Oh no. This confrontation's not good. Nakatingin na sa amin ang lahat ng tao sa Cafeteria, kahit konti lang sila, they could still spread news. 

"No one here knew why you transferred here in the middle of the school year. Sinong matinong estudyante ba ang gagawa ng ganun, di ba?"

Kailangang awatin ko na siya from saying non-sense things. She's clearly not herself today. She's not the composed and calm Miss Rachel that everyone knew. "Miss Rachel, please tone down. We don't know if it's really her..." She then cut me off.

"Aantayin mo na lang ba na may mamatay din dito sa Monte Carlo bago ka maghinala?" The look she gave me was desperate. Lahat naman kami gustong ma-solve ang kaso, but not by pointing fingers at someone who could be innocent. I looked at Dawn who tried to stand up and she clenched her fist. No...You're not going to do that now.

"Dawn, please. Miss Rachel's just upset..."

"Sabihin mo diyan, ayusin niya yung mga iniisip at sinasabi niya. Wala akong kinalaman sa mga nangyari sa dati kong school at hindi ko kailangang magpaliwanag kahit kanino." Just that and then she rushed outside the Cafeteria. I felt sorry for her, she lost a dear friend and was being blamed for it. Who knows kung talagang may kinalaman siya dun.

I felt Miss Rachel sat back on her seat and started to cry again. "Why did she have to die, Red?" 

I really didn't know what to say to her. I haven't lost someone yet and I didn't wish to have one. I just put my arm around her and she leaned her head on my chest. This was the least I could do. Hindi ako vocal na tao,  I preferred to act than to talk. 

We stayed that way for a few minutes until she sat up straight and said, "I'm sorry for being such a bitch tonight." She didn't look at me, she just focused on the untouched cup of hot choco. "You have issues of your own and I had taken so much of your time."

"It's not a big deal, Miss Rachel." She seemed to be coming back to her old self. As if on cue, the campus alarm went on, it's a signal na ten minutes na lang at curfew na.

"We should be going." She stood up and we both walked out of the Cafeteria. 

"Bring this. I'll just get it tomorrow, sa nurse kasi yan." I gave her a small smile and she suddenly looked all concerned.