X. Challenged

Thanks to everyone who are reading, voting and commenting on this story! Super appreciated!

This chapter's pretty cool. Please play Everything Has Changed by Ed Sheeran for this chapter. Enjoy! :)

***Vince's POV***

Mag-isa akong pumunta sa Cafeteria dahil maagang umalis si Red. Magpupunta daw siya sa Library para mag-aral. Sa palagay ko, hindi na niya kailangang mag-aral pa. I mean, he's already bright and all, wala namang humahamon sa katalinuhan niya sa klase. Until that new chick arrived. Nabanggit sa akin ni Red na may deal sila ng babaeng 'yun, I just didn't pay that much attention to the details because I was already dying of boredom.

Books and I, we're not that close. I'd prefer to Google everything than to walk into that creepy place called the Library. Unless there's a hot girl waiting for me there, but still. My best friend Red's the opposite. Kaya yata niyang tumira dun for a year and he would still be healthy. That boy would always be weird. 

Malapit na ako sa Dorm Gates nang may bumati sa akin.

"Hi, Vince!!!" I eyed them and tried to remember their names. I've seen this girls before, I just couldn't remember. Oh, well, kaninong pangalan ba ang tinandaan ko? I just smiled at the two approaching girls and greeted back.

"Goodmorning, ladies!" I signaled them to go through the gate first. "After you." They giggled and walked passed me. Very easy. 

"So, Vince, may date ka na ba sa JS?" The short-haired girl asked me. JS? Oh, that's like a month from now! Wala sa isip ko ang mga ganitong events, na-re-remind lang ako kapag may mga nag-aaya na sa akin to be their date. Maiiwasan ko ba ang mga ganitong offer? 

"JS. That's a month from now, right? Uhm...wala pa." I said and I saw their eyes glittered with hope. 

"Ako din wala pa, eh." The girl with wavy hair said. Halatang gusto niyang ayain ko siya. That will never happen, my dear. Vincent Pineda only exists to have fun! I didn't like being tied up with someone or tagged as their date. Where's the fun in that? 

"You still have time to wait for someone to ask you, sweetie." I flashed her a smile and she gasped. 

"Would you ask us, then? Or at least one of us?" The other girl said.

"Bold. I like that." I saw her blushed. Nakakatuwang tignan ang reaksyon ng mga babae sa akin. They blush, they gasp, they giggle...I loved being me! "To answer your question, I'm still thinking of my options. you'll just know." And I opened the door of the Cafeteria. 

I noticed that students were crowded and they're watching something in the middle of the Cafeteria. Mukhang may napa-trouble na naman sa umaga, ah? I heard them cheering on someone and I approached the scene. Peter Castillo. What's new with this guy? He's a class bully, normal na sa kanya 'to. Teka...Dawn Dominguez? Napailing na lang ako habang pinapanood silang dalawa. Hindi na ba nadala itong si Pete?

I watched them for a couple of minutes and saw how Pete kicked the newbie multiple times. I decided on interrupting, hindi ko masikmura ang pananakit sa babae, kahit may kakayahan pa siyang ipagtanggol ang sarili niya. She's still a girl! Very ungentleman, Castillo. Kaya walang pumapatol sa 'yo, eh! I was about to step forward nang makita kong tumayo si Dawn at agad sinuntok sa mukha si Pete. Ouch! That would surely bruise.

The crowd cheered on, and Pete, bilang napahiya na siya big time, tried to redeem himself by attacking Dawn again. I had to do something. "Castillo!" I walked towards them and the Cafeteria became silent. "What's going on here?" Both of them looked at me and I noticed Dawn rolled her eyes at me. What's with that look? Ikaw na nga tinulungan, 'di ba?