Bonus Chapter: Glimpse of the Future 1

Dahil ni-request niyo, ibibigay ko! This is the first in the three bonus chapters that I'll be adding here in TLISAMCH. Hope you like the chapter! :)

***Dawn's POV***

Reed University. Ito ang pinaka-malaking University sa bansa. I never expected that I would pass their entrance exam. I was so full of different thoughts then, inisip ko na lang na himalang nakapasa ako. The University was located in a secluded area in the province and the only way to get here's by their shuttle or by a private vehicle. The students lived in apartments located ten minutes outside the campus' gates. They had their community-- aside from the students' and non-students' apartments, may mall, park, stores at maliit na ospital din sila. It's like a little world of their own. To get to the 'real world', you just need to drive fifteen minutes from the Reed Community.

Ayaw nila Mama na dito ako pumasok, but I insisted. I already learned how to be independent when I was in high school, gusto ko lang siya ituloy hanggang makatapos ako ng pag-aaral. They just took it as something that I decided to do dahil nagluluksa pa ako sa mga nangyari noon sa Monte Carlo High. Iniisip ko pa rin ang lahat ng iyon paminsan-minsan, pero bagong buhay na ito. Bagong simula. Hindi ko makakalimutan ang lahat ng pinag-daanan ko. I just thought I might start a new, a clean slate.

***

"You don't need to worry about your niece, Ms. Madriaga. We will take care of her and we'll make sure she'll enjoy her stay here in Reed." The Dean offered his hand to Tita Rika and they shook hands.

"I'm not worried about the university, Dean." She let go of his hand and gave me a knowing look. Ano ba'ng ikina-aalala niya? Hindi na mauulit ang lahat ng nangyari noon-- that I promised her before she drove me here. "I'll go ahead."

"Thank you, Ms. Madriaga. You can go with her, Ms. Dominguez. Just be back here in ten minutes, magsisimula na ang novice orientation." Tumango ako at lumabas na kami ni Tita Rika sa opisina ni Dean Santos.

"I'm worried."

"Tita Rika, magiging okay lang ang lahat." I pushed her towards her car's door and she gave me one last look.

"Please be safe always, Dawn. 'Wag mong kalimutan ang gamot at vitamins mo. Kumain ka sa tamang oras at matulog ka ng--"

"Tita!" Nakakahiya na 'to. She opened the door of her car and gave me a quick hug before she got in and drove away. And I was on my own again.

***

"Good morning! I'm Uno, Reed University's Novice Leader. You will all be under my supervision for three months until you've been assigned your Camps." Lahat ng Freshman at transfer students ay tinipon sa tapat ng Admin Building ayon na rin sa itinerary na ibinigay sa amin nang matanggap namin ang letter of acceptance namin mula sa Reed. I never knew na may ganito pala dito.

"Camp?" Someone asked.

"Reed University has five Camps-- Austerity, Concord, Forthright, Scholar and Valiant. Lahat ng estudyante dito may kanya-kanyang Camp. Within the three-month period, all of you will be assessed to determine your Camp, details will be discussed in another day. Ang dapat niyo lang malaman sa ngayon, do good in your assessments and get a Camp. Sila na ang makakasama niyo sa buong stay ninyo dito sa Reed University. You cannot change Camps once you've been assigned to one. Your Camp will also tell you your designation in the Reed Community. Pero simula ngayon hanggang matapos ang novice period niyo, you'll stay in the Novice Area."

He was discussing stuff about Reed University's history when I was distracted by three girls giggling behind me. I pretented to be listening attentively to Uno but I was actually eavesdropping.

"Ang cute naman niya!"

"Ano'ng Camp kaya siya? Gusto kong mapunta doon, para makasama ko siya ng matagal na panahon!"

"Sa tingin mo naman, kahit makasama natin siya sa parehong Camp, papansinin niya tayo? Eh mukhang taken na siya, eh."

I rolled my eyes at what I was hearing. Wala pa kaming isang oras na nakatayo dito and here they were, crushing at our Novice Leader. I looked at Uno and examined him-- tall, a bit buff, makapal ang kilay, matangos ang ilong, deep eyes. He's got this strict attitude and a bit of OC-ness in him. Siguro dahil leader siya and he had to set a good example, especially to newbies like us.

"Dominguez? Do we have a Dominguez here?" I was pulled out of my thoughts nang marinig ko ang apelyido ko. Everybody was looking around for the person who's last name's Dominguez. I quickly raised my hand and he looked at my direction. Lumakad siya palapit sa akin at nagtingan sa akin ang lahat ng estudyante. He stood in front of me and I had to look up to meet his eyes. "Dominguez, Princess Dawn?" He looked at the paper he's holding to confirm my name.

"Yes." Mahina kong sagot. Patay.

"Kanina pa kita tinatawag. Are you spacing out o bingi ka lang?" Napataas bigla ang kilay ko. Leader siya, he's not suppose to shame someone in front others! I clenched my fist and prepared to give him a punch in the face. Teka, nangako ka. Wala ng gulo. Pumikit na lang ako at bumuntong-hininga.

"So-Sorry." I unclenched my fist and just bit my lip to control my irritation.

"Pay attention." It was only a whisper. A whisper full of authority and power. Mukhang hindi na naman magandang simula ito para sa college life ko!

---End of Chapter 12.14.14