Epilogue

What else can I say but 'this is it!' The three months of hardship all boils down to this. I would like to thank everyone who's supporting TLISA. Hindi ito aabot sa ganito kahaba kung hindi dahil sa inyo. Sa sobrang haba, ngayon ko lang na-realize na mali na pala 'yung roman numerals ko, kamote >.<

Anyways, this will be edited right away after this update. Edit in what way? Grammar errors, typos and some details in the story. AND I BADLY NEED A BOOK TRAILER FOR THIS! lols I'm actually planning to have this story submitted for publishing pagkatapos ng major editing, so ayun, goodluck na lang ulit sa akin!

The last update's soundtrack is Graduation (Friends Forever) by Vitamin C. Read away :)

***Dawn's POV***

"I transferred here in Monte Carlo High School last year in the hopes of a more peaceful life. I loved the environment, the people are nice and the Admin are approachable. Good things and bad things happen in our lives-- not only in school, but also at home or at work. These are the things that God gives to help us become stronger and better people. We must use the challenges that life throws at us as stepping stones to go up instead of a wall that will enclose us in darkness."

"We will not be good students of this institution if not for the help and support of our teachers and the Admin. They taught us not only equations, subject-verb agreements or the anatomy of man, they also taught us practices on how to survive in the real world. Out there, begins our real challenge and we must be equipped to survive. Set our goals, reach it and someday, we'll be coming back here and we'll be proud to say that we were molded here in Monte Carlo High School to be great and productive individuals."

I heard a big round of applause after my short Valedictorian speech. I didn't deserve this. I still felt guilty that I took someone's place. I looked at him and his parents beside him. Oh, Gods! Sobrang nakaka-guilty talaga.

"Uhm..." I never left the podium even if I was already supposed to. "One last thing, sorry." The people became silent and suddenly I felt nervous. "This achievement, this ceremony... I would like to share it with our fallen colleagues. They should be here with us, but... shit happens." I shrugged and gave the audience an awkward smile. I became serious again and looked at the clear, blue sky. "Guys, I know, we all know, that you're looking down at us right now and we're just asking for your further guidance in our journey. Kahit na magkaka-hiwa-hiwalay na kami, all of you up there, will forever be in our hearts. We miss you all."

Another applause. I went down the podium and the graduation ceremony continued. I was just thankful that I was alive.

That night, ang kwento sa akin, the police found Khione's body in front of the Main Building and she's dead on the spot. They searched for me and found me bleeding to death on the rooftop. And I was alone. No minions. I was rushed to the hospital, had an operation and stayed there for a week. The wounds healed but I wouldn't forget everything that happened. I've done it. Tapos na ang lahat. I was able to give justice to all the victims and I survived. Dinalaw ko lahat ng biktima pagka-labas na pagka-labas ko ng ospital.

The moment with Vince was the worst. At the end of the day, I was still alone. I shed my last tears for him and promised that I'd try to be happy without him. Time could heal everything, sana mabilis lang 'yung sa akin. I still wore his necklace at wala pa akong planong tanggalin ito sa leeg ko.

Inspector Gia Chan interviewed me and I told her everything. Wala nang dahilan para magtago pa ako ng kahit ano sa kanya. I was greatful that she didn't let go of these cases, ang unfair ko nga sa kanya, for not helping her in the first place. This would be a closed case, sabi niya, since Khione's already dead. Espada's a very big underground organization and dangerous to deal with. All the death's given justice, the suspect's already dead, end of story.

In my short stay here in Monte Carlo High, I've learned a lot and changed a lot. Natuto akong tanggapin ang mga bagay kahit gaano pa ito kasama. May mga bagay talagang hindi maiiwasan at kailangan lang maging handa kung sakaling mangyari ito. I've also learned to trust people with my feelings. I couldn't live alone, no matter how hard I tried. There would always be a time that I'd be needing others and I just had to learn to trust them. I've changed for the better-- not because I was tougher or smarter, but because here, I've learned to love and to let go. Tama nga ang mga matatanda, high school ang pinaka-masayang stage sa buhay ng tao.

"So." Red stood beside me as we waited for the school bus to arrive and take us to the city.

"So." We never talked after the incident. He was too cold and he became distant. Himala nga na kinakausap niya na ako ngayon.

"This is where it ends, then."

"Yup. I guess it is."

"Mag-ingat ka na lang palagi."

"Ikaw din."

The bus arrived and all of us got in. We're out of Monte Carlo High now. New life, new friends and new challenges would be there. I took one last glance at the place I called home for a year and three months. I settled on my seat and put my headset on. Hindi ko alam kung ano'ng mangyayari sa susunod, ang alam ko lang, handa na akong harapin ang kahit na anong pagsubok na ibibigay sa akin.

---END OF STORY 11.30.14

P.S. What's next for TLISA? You guys tell me.