XXXI. Heart, Heart!

Hello, everyone! So ito na ang update! Disclaimer: walang patayan. hohoho! Thank you to everyone again sa patuloy na pagbabasa at pagsuporta sa TLISA. The story made it in the Undiscovered 50 list of WattMag! Yay! You can actually check on the other stories that made it by clicking on the external link on the side. Sobrang salamat ulit sa lahat and hope to still see you at the end of this story :)

***Dawn's POV***

"Is something bothering you?" Pineda asked when we reached my house's gate. We watched a movie and ate in a fast food restaurant afterwards. It was good, actually. Kahit papaano, I was able to take my mind off the stressful things. Pero at the end of the day, babalik at babalik pa rin talaga sila.

"No, I'm okay. Baka napagod lang ako."

"You sure? Naging tahimik ka kasi bigla paglabas natin ng mall, eh."

"Okay lang talaga ako, Pineda. Thanks for the day, by the way. I had fun." I gave him a smile to show how true I was with my words. He smiled back and took a step closer to me.

"I will do this everyday, kung ito lang ang kailangan kong gawin to see that smile all the time." At regular days, I would just counter his cheesy statements or ignore them. Pero nakita ko kung gaano talaga siya ka-sincere at ka-determinado sa ginagawa niya, that I sometimes wanted to give in.

He's really a nice person, I actually liked him because of his personality. But don't get me wrong, not the like 'like', you know. Masarap siya kasama at kausap. No dull moments, actually. What I liked about him the most was his sense of humor. Minsan lang talaga he would segwey to his feelings towards me and that's when I went stiff. I didn't know how to respond to such things, I haven't experienced being with a guy for this long, so bago ang mga ganito para sa akin. But I guess, things could be learned.

"Patawa ka talaga! Ganun ba ako kahirap pangitiin?"

"Oo naman! I mean, you're serious all the time, you have limited friends, kung hindi ka seryoso sa pag-aaral, those personal issues of yours come up and other things as well. So, very rare...very, very rare na nakikita kitang ngumiti o tumawa. And those rare instances, Dawn, are the moments that I will never erase in my memory." I just stared at him and he cupped my left cheek.

"I just have to be this way. Ang hirap lang ipaliwanang, pero, I really appreciate the things that you're doing, Pineda." I held his hand and rubbed it a little. He then pulled his hand back and pressed the doorbell for me.

"Hindi kita pipiliting mag-kwento sa akin, Dawn. I'll just wait until you are ready to share things with me. Masaya lang talaga ako ngayon na kinakausap mo na ako ulit." I just nodded and the gate opened. I bid him goodbye bago ako pumasok sa loob.

At dumalas ang paglabas namin ni Pineda. Minsan naman we would just stay at our house and watch DVDs. I felt more comfortable with him at nararamdaman kong bumabalik ang dating ako-- si Dawn na taga-Sisters of Mary, si Dawn na masayahin at walang stress sa buhay.

"Oy, Vincent, talagang seryoso ka dito sa pamangkin ko, ah? Aba, kulang na lang, dito ka na tumira, eh! Hahahahaha!"

"Tita Rika!" It was my Tita Rika's restday at nasa bahay lang kami watching a movie nang dumating si Pineda with a box of cupcakes.

"Good afternoon po, Miss Rika, Dawn." He smiled at us and the maid took the box of cupcakes from him para ilipat ang mga ito sa plato.

"Tita Rika. Please call me Tita Rika. Paulit ulit na lang, Vincent? Buti gwapo ka kundi sinipa na kita palabas ng bahay namin, eh!" We followed Tita Rika into the living room where the movie was paused.