Ch14 - Resocialize

The next morning I woke up on time. I was still on the couch but a blanket was laid on top of me. I recognized the smell from something but I didn't know who. I walked to the bathroom to freshen up before school. I took a quick shower.

I wrapped the towel around me and saw my pile of clothes. I really couldn't wear it an other day and it had been ripped by Derek anyway. I slowly opened the door and peeked outside. 

The coast was clear so I began to wander to the first dresser I found. I rumaged around but I only found some guy clothes. I turned around and saw Derek standing in the door opening.

"What are you doing?" he asked me.

"I don't have clothes. They needed to be washed anyway and you ripped my shirt yesterday."

"Wait here." he said and he walked away.

I waited for a minute and he came back with a pile of clothes. I took it. They were my size, maybe one size too big. Does this belong to his girlfriend? Or ex girlfriend? I noticed that I'd been staring at his face for the past few seconds when he spoke up.

"They were my sister's."

Were? Did she die?

"Oh... Thank you." I said truly grateful.

He nodded and I went back to the bathroom. I quickly changened and, as I expected, they were a little bit too big. It wasn't that bad, but I liked it better when they were tight fitting. It was a lot of black or dark grey colors, which I definetely liked.

I stepped out of the bathroom and faced Derek. He was holding a new black shoulder bag and car keys. He handed me them.

"Uh what?" I said confused.

"A schoolbag and something to get to school."

"I uh... can't drive?"

He groaned silently but motioned me to follow him.

We walked to his beautiful black car and I got in the passenger seat. He started the car and drove off.

"So are you like rich... ish?" I asked him while looking at the car again.

"No." he answered and kept his eyes on the road.

I decided to change the subject.

"How did you become a werewolf?" I asked him. I kinda expected him to ignore my question but he answered.

"I was born werewolf."

"And Peter?"

"He's my uncle."

"Is there a difference between born and bitten?"

He looked at me for a second and answered "It's a bit easier for a born werewolf to learn werewolf traits but no there is no difference."

I thought about it for a while. "What about Scott?"

"Bitten by Peter." 

"Isaac?"

"Bitten by me."

"What? I thought only alpha's could turn someone..."

"Your rank can change."

The rest of the drive was silent. He pulled up in front of the school and left me with a warning "Don't shift."

I walked into the school. I was a little late, as usual. I went to my locker and got my books. I'd studied my scedule so I knew where to go. I walked to economics. 

When I opened the door, I was greeted by the whole class staring at me. I walked in and got to one of the free seats in the front row.

"How good of you to join us miss... whatever your last name might be. Next time, drive a little faster."

I knew that Scott, Stiles, Isaac, Lydia and Allison had seen me.

This was gonna be an interesting day.