Ch129 - Seeing red

Liz's training this morning had been interesting. You could see that she had no idea how to teach but she tried her best. Too bad Emberly kept interrupting.

I could also see that after the hour of running, climbing and fighting, she wasn't tired at all. I'd suggested to train some more when they left but she said that she was hungry. The rest of the day I spend doing my normal things. A bit of training by jogging through the woods, speculating with Peter about the most recent threat, doing groceries. Basically a normal day. I hadn't seen Liz after she'd given her lesson and as time dragged on, I began to get more and more worried. I knew that she'd be fine. She had to be. But she also has the habit of getting herself hurt.

I really should've just tied her down when I had the chance.

"Have you seen Liz?" Isaac asked me as he walked into the living room.

"No, not for a while. She didn't say anything to you before she left?"

"No." Isaac said as he shook his head.

Dammit Liz. Stop running off on your own like that.

"Do you think she's in trouble?" Isaac asked a bit more serious than he'd been before.

"I don't know." I sighed frustrated. "I've got no idea what runs around in her head."

The door rolled open only to reveal Peter walking in. He was by himself and didn't really pay attention to us other than acknowledge our existence.

"Hey do you know where Liz is?" Isaac asked Peter hopefully.

"Haven't seen her since she left this morning. Why?"

"Oh... well I was gonna ask her something about that wallrun thing she did this morning but apparently she vanished." Isaac replied with a frown.

"Vanished? Really?" Peter asked. "Where have you looked for her?"

"Well... we just found out... so..."

"Then go look for her." Peter said with an isn't-it-obvious tone while shaking his head slowly.

"Right." Isaac mumbled and jogged out the door.

"Do you think she's in trouble?" I asked getting more and more worried by the second.

"She better not be. It cost me a lot of money to get her back here." he mumbled as he dropped on the couch. "Why? You didn't plant any stupid plans in her head, did you?"

"No I didn't." Well I told her to give Gerrit a chance but she wouldn't just barge in on her own, right? Then again she does have the skills and knowledge to be able to get out fast if things go sour. 

Would she have gone to him?

"Oh god... What did you tell her?" Peter sighed as he rolled his eyes and sat up. 

"I didn't tell her anything-" Peter pulled up one eyebrow and stared at me

"Fine. I told her to ask Gerrit about the poison but I don't know if she actually went on her own. That's not very Liz..."

"No she's smarter than that..." Peter agreed.

A couple of minutes passed as Peter and I speculated about where she could've went. We'd already crossed Stiles, Lydia and Allison off the list after calling them. She'd gone to Stiles after the training but she hadn't stayed there long.

Just when I was about to head out and search the places she could be in, the door slammed open.

"Peter!" Liz growled angry and with a deathly shimmer in her eyes. She threw her coat on the ground and kept walking towards Peter. The bottom of her shirt of slightly ripped and covered in blood.