Ch105 - Deodorant

"So... you haven't..."

"No I'm not the one who killed him." Even though I would've wanted to be the one.

"But then-"

"Who killed him?"

"What happened?"

"How'd you escape?"

"Who attacked you?"

"How come you got that many injuries?"

I tuned out on their questions and focused on the door. While the others were busy trying to come up with questions, I'd heard a heartbeat. It was slightly accelerated and, after hearing his short breaths, I knew that he was or had been running. 

One possible threat. I have the advantage. His stamina is low. 

"What are you staring at?" Derek asked me and followed my gaze to the door. Just when he turned around, Isaac appeared in the doorway. He was, as I'd already established, a bit out of breath and his hair was a bit out of place like he'd been running.

"We've found a trail- Liz?"

"Uh... Yeah... hi." I said awkwardly after relaxing my tensed muscles. I hadn't even realized that I'd tensed up when I'd heard Isaac.

Isaac shook his head to get his priorities straight "There's been a new murder. It was really close to where I was already standing. The guy who did this is small. Something like... 5'2 or 5'3-"

"What?" I asked confused.

"That would be around... 1.60 meter" Lydia answered.

"Oh."

"And the guy is fast. Like... really fast."

"Well what did he look like?" Stiles questioned further.

"I couldn't see. He was wearing his hood over his head and just some normal dark jeans."

"Did you get a smell of him?" Derek asked a bit frustrated as he realized that this would mean that they still hadn't got any lead on him other than that he was small.

"He covered his smell."

"What? How is that even possible?" Scott frowned.

"It's like what happened with Jared from our classes after coach told him that he smells."

"Oh" Scott and I grimaced at the same time.

"What do you mean?" Allison asked us in general.

"After coach told Jared that he smelled, Jared has been using deodorant. A lot of deodorant." Scott explained.

"Yeah but the amount of deodorant he uses is enough to overpower our nose for at least five minutes. It sometimes even triggers our eyes to tear up." I continued.

"But that would mean that you do have something to track him with, right?" Allison asked excited "I mean the deodorant is a solid trail to him."

"It's not enough." Derek said while shaking his head "Nearly everyone uses deodorant so the trails would be easy to get mixed up and by the time he commits the next murder he could already be using an other brand."

"Yeah plus he uses the best sold brand there is." Isaac added.

We all stared at him while he stared at the ground with his arms crossed clearly thinking about options. When he looked up nearly a minute later, he unwrapped his arms and awkwardly stepped back. 

"How do you know which brand is most sold?" Lydia asked.

"Uh... Because..."

We all stared at him for an explanation.

"Because I also use it." he admitted defeated.

After the others were laughed out, I became serious. 

"Let me try." I suggested.

"It's just his deodorant and the wind should've faded it quite a bit by now." Isaac brought in.

"What do you have to lose?" I countered. "Scared that I can find the mystery guy you've been unable to find?"

Isaac grinned at my challenge and was about to make it 'more interesting' until Derek cut him off.

"Are you sure? You should rest some more. Besides, and no offense, but last time we've trained you weren't very good at the whole tracking thing."

"Well..." How do I say this without freaking them out "I've had to learn a few tricks since then."

Before anyone could protest, I marched out the door and dragged Isaac along. To the deodorant!