Ch114 - Tight situation

Dedicated to Lindsey0127 for freaking out yesterday xD

The chapter is about 4-5 times longer than usual.

"Will you stop worrying?" I said to Derek.

"No." He replied stubbornly and opened the door to the vet.

Instead of the normal empty waiting room, we were greeted by two pet owners. One middle-aged woman with a large bulldog and one younger guy with a cat.

Derek and I looked at each other and awkwardly sat on the chairs as far away from them as possible.

The cat had made it clear that it did't like us and kept hissing to us. The guy tried to calm him down but he kept glaring at us with an occasional hiss.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what has gotten into him. He's normally not that hostile to humans." The guy apologized.

"Don't worry about it, I get that a lot from cats. I think I just have some sort of offensive smell to me." I said with a smile as the dog came over to sniff us. He was walking slowly with a slight irregularity in his walk.

"Hi." I said silently to the dog and let him sniff my hand. The dog looked at Derek as well and began to wag its tail for us.

"Well it really must be a cat thing if he dog likes you guys that much." the guy noted and corrected his cat for hissing again.

"Where is your pet?" The lady asked us.

"Our dog just had surgery. We're here to pick him up." I lied.

"Oh dear. Was it bad?" She asked shocked as she began to pet her own bulldog.

"We don't know yet. He had a suspicious lump just under his armpit and the vet advised that we should get it removed just to be sure. We'll get the results later this week."

"Well I hope it was a false alarm. Better to have spend unnecessary money than to lose your best friend by something like that, don't you agree?" She continued with a nice smile.

"Couldn't agree more."

A slightly awkward pause fell in which both me and Derek thought about how unfortunate it was to run into a filled waiting room.

Deaton appeared at the door with a guy holding a little dog just behind him.

"He should be fine just make sure he doesn't bite his paw too much. If he does, come back it could be a skin infection."

The guy nodded and placed the dog on the ground to pay Deaton. The dog eagerly pattered to the other dog until he saw me and Derek. His first interest was completely out of the picture and he pattered to us. He too sniffed the air around us and wagged its tail uncontrollably. He ran to my feet and sat on it.

I couldn't help but laugh at the little guy. He looked so adorable. 

"Oh sorry." the little guy's owner said and come to us to pick him up.

"It's fine." I said as he gave me an apologetic smile.

Deaton saw us sitting and nodded slightly in confusion. "Mr Hale." he said a bit too surprised.

"We're here to get our dog, remember?" I quickly hinted hoping that he would get it.

"Ah yes." he said and held the gate open for us. "He's in the back."

"Ah really there's no rush. They were here before us." I smoothly tried to brush it off but the woman thought differently.

"No really it's fine. Your poor dog is probably scared and confused waiting for it's owners. You and your husband should just get your dog." The guy nodded.