Ch85 - Tactics and punches

Derek's POV 

When Peter had gotten home, he instantly noticed something about me. He hadn't wasted any time and immediately questioned me.

"Why are you so happy?" He said while pouring himself a drink.

"Can't I be happy?"

"You smell like Liz." he noted "More than usual."

I didn't reply and Peter dropped the subject. "Anyway, I need to talk to you." I looked up from my phone. "About the murders."

Well this could be interesting. I nodded for him to continue as I locked my phone. "There has been a lot. The police still thinks it's human and want us to stay out of it."

"Do you have proof that it isn't human?" I questioned.

"No." he said a bit annoyed "Which is exactly why I want to get involved. We don't know enough about the possible threat and if this continues like thi-"

The door got pushed open and we saw Liz standing in the doorway. Every time she shows up like that, we get surprised. It's not that she's doing something wrong, it's just that we're used to always hearing someone approach and since we can't hear her...

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked her still a bit surprised but with a small grin on my face. The same grin I couldn't get rid off for the last few hours.

"I-uh, I pissed off Stiles. And since I live in his house, I figured that I should probably be the one to take a walk." Liz said. "I'll be in the trainingsroom." she quickly added and walked away.

She pissed off Stiles? And it's that bad that she felt like running? I made a mental note to ask her later.

"You slept with her, haven't you?" Peter asked out of the blue when Liz disappeared to the trainingsroom.

"No I didn't." I said defending us. I really didn't wanted Peter to get in the middle of this so I quickly added "Weren't we talking about the murders?"

Peter squinted his eyes for a second and seamlessly got back into the story. We talked for a long time. Most of it were tactics and ideas to get some information on the person who's been killing these people. We also discussed possible links between the victims but so far they seemed random.

After what felt like (and could very well be) an hour, I stood up to find Liz. Would she still be training? I hadn't seen her walk by. I looked around the trainingsroom until my eyes fell on the table.

Liz was softly snoring with her head next to her phone. She was wearing one of my leather jackets which could've easily been a blanket for her. I silently walked towards her, making sure that she wouldn't wake up.

I noticed that her phone was flashing a green light, signaling that she had a message. I quickly talked myself out of looking since that would be invasion of privacy and focused on Liz.

What was I going to do? Let her sleep? But that doesn't look comfortable at all... Wake her up?

I stared at her for a few seconds and decided that I didn't wanted to wake her up. She'd looked tired when she left earlier so she would be exhausted right now.

What else? I could try to carry her to my bed but she might wake up. I studied her for a few seconds and decided to give it a shot.

I lifted her up with great care. Thankfully, she didn't wake up. I'd even managed to get her phone as well. When I made the first step, she stirred. I instantly stiffened up and waited to see if she would wake up. Liz leaned more into me but kept sleeping.

=---=---=---=

After I'd laid her down on my bed, I looked around and thought what I was gonna do. Just when I'd decided to get something to drink, I noticed that her heartbeat quickened irregularly. I stared at her to see if she was fine but it only got worse. Was she having a nightmare? Should I wake her up?

"Stay back..." Liz muttered almost inaudible.

I sat on the bed to reach over to her to try to wake her up. "Liz?" I said loud enough to wake her. She stirred again but it wasn't enough to actually wake her. "Liiiiz?" I said and gently shook her shoulder.

Within seconds Liz shot up and punched me in the stomach. I groaned and bend over trying to ease the pain. Damn she really hadn't held back, I thought to myself when the pain didn't go away.

"Oh god..." Liz muttered as she saw what she'd done "I'm sorry!" She said as she rushed over to me. "Shit, I hurt you bad, didn't I? I'm sorry. Let me look."

She guided me to sit on the bed and slightly lifted my shirt.

"Well, I'm happy that you're a werewolf because that definitely would've bruised."

"Next time please warn me in advance." I said sarcastically.

"Sorryyyy!" she said obviously feeling guilty. "I won't do it again."

"It's fine." I said while looking up at her. "You can't take me down that easily."

"Oh really?" she said with a smirk. 

"Nope." I dared her. "You're not strong enough."

I could tell that it didn't discourage her. Good. Liz boldly stepped forward until she was basically in between my legs. Without breaking eye contact, she pushed my shoulders back until they hit the bed. 
Liz climbed on top of me while I could hear her heartbeat going faster. She had her head down but her eyes, which were full of determination, never left mine.

"I can't take you down, huh?" She whispered with a smirk.

Even though I loved her boldness, I couldn't let her win. I tackled her and in one smooth motion rolled us over. "Nope, you can't."

Liz bit her lip in order to keep a bit of a straight face but I could see the smile tugging in the corner of her lips. I could see the dark lines under her eyes. Just when I wanted to ask her if she was tired, she yawned.

I grinned. "Still tired, huh? Come on." I said as I got off her and laid on the bed. Liz watched me but eventually laid next to me. I wrapped my arm around her as she snuggled into my side. When I heard that her heartbeat was normal again, I decided to ask her. "Hey Liz... were you having a nightmare?"

She hesitated for a few seconds. It hurt me that she didn't immediately trust me but I knew where she was coming from. 

"Yes." she whispered silently. "I've been having them nearly every night recently."

"What are they about?" I whispered back "You don't have to tell me."

"My dad."